• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

thierry henry

International Coach
Just a strain and not a tear.

I tore mine and couldn't run full tilt for 12 months.

You can get worse ones than mine where blood gets released and there is massive bruising.
I strained mine last summer, my leg gave way on me and I collapsed in a heap and wasn't able to run at all for a while, yet I was still back playing within about a month. Must be very, very minor to be able to run like that on the day of the injury

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I strained mine last summer, my leg gave way on me and I collapsed in a heap and wasn't able to run at all for a while, yet I was still back playing within about a month. Must be very, very minor to be able to run like that on the day of the injury
Maybe you're just a ***** and Guptill is a hero?

In all seriousness, there are different grades of tear aren't there?

thierry henry

International Coach
Maybe you're just a ***** and Guptill is a hero?

In all seriousness, there are different grades of tear aren't there?
Nah but being a tough guy + adrenaline + whatever aside, my experience of a hamstring strain was that it simply limits the range of motion available to you, so you just couldn't run like that no matter how hard you tried.

Yeah there are different grades of tear but what I'm saying is I thought mine was very minor (never got it checked out tbh, just waited a few weeks and started playing again) so Guptill's must barely register on the scale.

jcas0167

International Debutant
:( I guess it'll be a straight swap with Boult coming into the team for him?
I'd bring in Southee. Also, Tom Latham for Guptill.

Far out, after Williamson got run out I kicked something across the room and stopped watching for a while. Just seemed the classic turning point moment and we would invariably collapse. So am rather happy right now.

McCullum played a great captains knock and it reminded me of his batting down the order around 2005-2007 (particularly the run chase against Australia where McMillan got a hundred).

Williamson looks in great touch which bodes well for the rest of the series. I was amazed Guptill came out, to then basically rescue the team on one leg was like something out of a cheesy 80's sports movie.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Incidentally, what a treat to hear Coney commentating on radio again. He's not bad as a TV commentator, but he's superb on radio.

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah, but your posting rate was too slow, which put too much pressure on the later posters to try and go too big, too early.
Nonsense. It may have seemed slow because of my monotonous, some might say boring reliance on my go-to posts and bread-and-butter subject matter, but actually I was posting at a perfectly acceptable rate for today's conditions.