This is a random player auction draft thread. I'm planning to run it similar to Marc's silent auction drafts in the past ($15 million budget, 1 player per participant in each round).
The process for each round will be as follows:
1. I put every player who has played test cricket into random.org and the first 12 (or however many participants we have) will be the players available for that round
2. Each player sends in a list of bids within the allocated period (I'm thinking either 24 or 48 hours) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bids must be in whole dollar amounts ranging from $1 up to the amount of budget you have left.
3. Players are allocated to each team. Each team gets 1 player per round. Players are allocated in order of bid size, highest first. Ties either due to the same contestant bidding the same amount for two different players or two contestants bidding the same amount for the same player are settled by random.org. If a player doesn't win any auction (remembering contestants who have won an auction are excluded from all cheaper auctions in that round), either due to not sending picks or not submitting bids for all players, they are allocated a player not won by someone else at random for the same price as the highest legitimate bid in that round. This means that it is good strategy to submit bids for all players
4. All bids and penalty costs which would leave a contestant with less than $1 for each subsequent round will be lowered to the amount where the contestant will have $1 for each subsequent round.
5. If you bid the same amount for two or more players, you can send a personal order of preference in which you get them which will be used instead of random.org (which will be used if no such list is sent)
There will be 12 rounds in this draft. Players chosen are restricted to players I have heard of. You will have a minimum of 48 hours for bidding in each round.
I am looking for a minimum of 12 contestants although more are certainly welcome
Please sign up if interested.