• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Random Player Auction Draft Thread

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Who is Plum Warner?

Edit: Ah, Pelham Warner was also called Plum it seems - didn't know..

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Shaping up nicely with an opener spinner and pace bowler but I've gotta tone down on the bids I reckon, else I'll end up with 3-4 very meh players
I have already ended up with 2 meh players without making any big bids :p

watson

Banned
This is much tougher than the previous round.

So many crappy players on show, but I don't want to spend a relative fortune on a merely 'palatable' player just to avoid a non-entity. No offence to Aubrey. Getting the bid about right will be really tricky.

Last edited:

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
For some reason I thought i had much more time. Don't know what I was thinking.

Going to be quite a challenge to make any sort of reasonable team now. My budget is shot

watson

Banned
For some reason I thought i had much more time. Don't know what I was thinking.

Going to be quite a challenge to make any sort of reasonable team now. My budget is shot
That's a shame Blakus. I was looking forward to seeing what kind of competitive team you'd come up with :(

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
sent.

Money saving round. Don't think anyone will end up with mostly good selections. Playing the odds.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
How many tests would Darren Lehmann play if he was playing for any other country except Australia (and probably India - though I think he might have given Ganguly a stiff competition for the no. 6 position and would be an automatic choice outside SC)?

watson

Banned
How many tests would Darren Lehmann play if he was playing for any other country except Australia (and probably India - though I think he might have given Ganguly a stiff competition for the no. 6 position and would be an automatic choice outside SC)?
Heaps for sure.

Lehmann was an extremely talented batsman with an excellent 'cricket brain' who was unlucky to be around at the wrong time. I also liked Jamie Siddons and Stuart Law as well.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Heaps for sure.

Lehmann was an extremely talented batsman with an excellent 'cricket brain' who was unlucky to be around at the wrong time. I also liked Jamie Siddons and Stuart Law as well.
I had that in mind when I mailed my bid for Lehmann.

Siddons I am not too sure about, but Law is another one yes. Add Michael Bevan to that list as well. In spite of his weakness against the short ball, he would play heaps of test matches if he weren't playing for Australia. But Lehmann was the best among that bunch of of players IMO.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lehmann would've played a lot for another country, yes. Just like ten other Aussie batsmen.