• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Random Player Auction Draft Thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What are the chances that 26 regular openers will appear in the 12 rounds? BTW, I'm interested in knowing how long it took to put all the players into random.org ??

I would have just used statsguru who has the random 30 players and just include the first 13 of the names who have actually played Test Cricket. The list includes under 19's, woman, ODI etc players.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Round 1 Results

Both Cabinet96 and Spikey didn't submit their picks so they get their players for the highest amount bid in this round (3,100,000)

Alan Hurst - Blakus
Harry Cave – Spikey
Ashley Mallet - Watson
Upul Chandana – Cabinet96
Arthur Richardson - AndyZaltHair
Michael Hussey - Johnners
Dermot Reeve - Kyear
Herschelle Gibbs - Pothas
Graeme Hick - Morgieb
Aamer Sohail - Daemon
John Lever - Monk
Pat Cummins – smalishah84
Rangana Herath - Weldone

Winning bids: 3,100,000; 1,400,000; 1,250,000; 909,089; 600,002; 200,000; 40,000; 10,000; 1,000; 1,000; 1

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Teams so Far

Blakus

Alan Hurst

Spikey

Harry Cave (*)

Watson

Ashley Mallet

Cabinet96

Upul Chandana

AndyZaltHair

Arthur Richardson

Johnners

Michael Hussey (*)

Kyear

Dermot Reeve

Pothas

Herschelle Gibbs

Morgirb

Graeme Hick

Daemon

Aamer Sohail (*)

Monk

John Lever

smalishah84

Pat Cummins

Weldone

Rangana Herath

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Players Available in Round 2

Eddie Hemmings
George Duckworth
Ted Dexter
Lala Amarnath
Hugh Tayfield
Archie MacLaren
Denis Lindsay
Doug Walters
David Gower
Sammy Carter
Nuwan Kulasekara
Wasim Bari
Roy McLean

Please send your bids to cwdrafts@gmail.com in the next 48 hours including your Cricket Web username in the title.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not bad, Aamer Sohail will do for the amount I paid.

The coming rounds should be more interesting as we now have an idea of what people are bidding

morgieb

Better round.

Didn't pay much for Hick and he had moments where he didn't underachieve so I'm not complaining.

watson

Banned
A bid of 3.1 million? Holy cow, someone must have been really desperate not to get Hairy Cave Man.

Somehow I think that these names are randomly generated inside Michael's head rather than by a computer. Which is great because the imagination is awesome.

Also reasonably happy with Ashley Mallett: Ave = 29.84, SR = 75.6, and a great gully fieldsman.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Lever ok. Doing all this on my ph on holiday, so a bit haphazard!

Sent for R2.

Daemon

and yeah...Amir Sohail a decent pick for such a paltry sum
How do you know how much I paid for him?

Pat Cummins is seriously unproven though, not surprised you paid very little for him. Can count the number of FC games he's played on one hand..

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Happy to get Arthur Richardson for only $10,000 :laugh:

He was one of the finest batsmen in 1920s and also could bowl some

Daemon

Plenty of keepers in this round. Might be worth it to nab one while there's a chance.