Cricket Player Manager
Page 95 of 160 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2392

Thread: ****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

also, brilliant from Ajmal.

I was expecting something like this. SA's batsmen haven't been properly for a while.

Amla is brilliant but showing clear signs of hubris.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Wow, that catch from Peterson was remarkable. One of the best slip catches I've seen for a while without a doubt.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    there has been some aids posting in this thread.

pakistan zindabad

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post

haha.....yeah, something like that
    Oh really?
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Lol, just watching the highlights and Tanveer Ahmad the trundler bowling at 120 kph and grunting more than a tennis player.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    He's obviously very tall, but Tremlett (6' 8" by repute) similarly towers over his teammates:

beat it **** ian bell is 4 foot 4 and monty is practically lying down in that photo

i worked out how he reaches 145kph too, his foot is so big he releases the ball from halfway down the pitch. monster.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Remember when people didn't rate Ajmal? Funny times.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Tremlett is also a couple of inches off the ground in that pic

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    What's the issue with the Kallis dismissal?

Umpire gives him out caught, batsman reviews it, hasn't hit it but he's out lbw anyway. So he's given out.
    ​63*

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    What's the issue with the Kallis dismissal?

Umpire gives him out caught, batsman reviews it, hasn't hit it but he's out lbw anyway. So he's given out.
    The LBW was marginal at which point it's the umpires decision, who apparently never gave the out for LBW but rather for caught (According to DRS rules if decision is marginal for LBW and umpire gives not out then it's not out). This is a joke to me since the fielding team don't really appeal for a specific dismissal, they just scream as loud as possible in appeal for everything.

The ICC have seen it fit to issue an "explanation" for umpire error, which I find disgusting!!!!!! Where was this explanation when Davis made the mistakes in the previous tests against Pakistan?

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
    This is lost now. How will we bat out a 5th day against this guy? The only way we were going to win or draw was if we were ahead by 100-200 runs at the end of the innings.

Really stupid decision to bowl first. I really don't understand it.
    Have to agree. Just reading the description of the pitch on cricinfo it seemed odd to bowl first. The odds of winning the game by applying pressure with a big 1st innings total were seemingly greater than the chances of blowing Pak away in a session again on this wicket. Perhaps Smith believed he could exploit gremlins in the Pakistani's minds as there didn't seem to be that many in the pitch. Granted he almost had them at 4 down but the gamble was lost in the end. Would have to put Pakistan in front for an upset win atm.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Have to agree. Just reading the description of the pitch on cricinfo it seemed odd to bowl first. The odds of winning the game by applying pressure with a big 1st innings total were seemingly greater than the chances of blowing Pak away in a session again on this wicket. Perhaps Smith believed he could exploit gremlins in the Pakistani's minds as there didn't seem to be that many in the pitch. Granted he almost had them at 4 down but the gamble was lost in the end. Would have to put Pakistan in front for an upset win atm.
    Yes, looks like Smith has cost his team badly with that decision but they usually play well at Centurion so would still be a big chance to win the series even with a probable loss here.Anyway they customarily lose a test at home every summer regardless of the opposition so it had to come. If SA loses this series will England or Australia displace them as #1?

School Boy/Girl Captain LegendaryProtea's Avatar
    Briony - No, South Africa had to lose 3-0 in order to displaced from 1st iirc.

The ICC admit an "honest error" was made in giving Kallis out. The standard of umpiring in this match has been atrocious, one can forgive errors in judgement but not knowing basic rules on the implementation of DRS is really unforgivable.

Not to take anything away from Ajmal though, he was brilliant. It will take a bigger effort for South Africa to save/win this Test than Adelaide imo. Will likely concede a lead of 100 and I can't see them chasing anything over 200 on a deteriorating pitch against Ajmal. It will take another 49 all out for South Africa to win - let's hope Philander is ready.

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    It really makes fantastic viewing when Ajmal is in full flow, you could just tell he was in the mood today right from the start as the SA batsmen were all over the place against him, and when Ajmal smells blood there's not many batters who can stem that wave,

I did think when they got above 300 that they'd be in with a chance, the only worry is Ajmal can't do it all on his own, the others will need to chip in aswell, i also think this game exposes once again SA's lack of a good spinner and their vulnerability against spin too.
    Well we are the last team to win a test series in Pakistan.

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    The LBW was marginal at which point it's the umpires decision, who apparently never gave the out for LBW but rather for caught (According to DRS rules if decision is marginal for LBW and umpire gives not out then it's not out). This is a joke to me since the fielding team don't really appeal for a specific dismissal, they just scream as loud as possible in appeal for everything.

The ICC have seen it fit to issue an "explanation" for umpire error, which I find disgusting!!!!!! Where was this explanation when Davis made the mistakes in the previous tests against Pakistan?
    But in this case its not what third man or square leg appealed for, the question is, how did the umpire give kallis out?

Thread Information