Cricket Player Manager
Page 94 of 160 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2392

Thread: ****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Kalis was out; no issues from me.

An appeal covers all methods of dismissal.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    The most ridiculous thing about the whole process is the lack of clear communication between the upstairs umpire and the on field umpire.

He should have communicated this to the on field umpire and since it was a marginal call, asked him if he wanted to keep his original decision or change it.

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    He should have communicated this to the on field umpire and since it was a marginal call, asked him if he wanted to keep his original decision or change it.
    Agree 500%. I think that is what happened, tbh. If it wasn't, I think it was the wrong decision. Only if the umpire was willing to give him out LBW was it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
    Agree 500%. I think that is what happened, tbh. If it wasn't, I think it was the wrong decision. Only if the umpire was willing to give him out LBW was it out.
    If I was the infield umpire now, and anyone asks me what was your intention, I would just say yep it was LBW. I would never admit a mistake.

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    Well the SA team management is happy with the explanation for the kallis dismissal.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    People don't understand the chucking rule.

kykweer.proteas, a bent arm doesn't mean he is chucking!!!!

He is chucking if he straightens that bent arm by more than 15%
    . Now if you have an implant inserted in your brain that detects an arm being straightened by more than 15% let me know where I can get one for myself, otherwise check online that the ICC have used their own technology to monitor his bowling from real time match practise as well as seperate tests and have found him to be legal and within the 15% rule.
    Hoisted by his own petard.

It's 15 degrees not 15 percent.

Meanwhile I'd like to get a Thierry Henry ruling on Irfan's height. There's no way he's 7' 1". Doesn't look as tall as Tremlett, even.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    he does look very tall. AFridi and Gul about 6ft and 6ft+ and he seems head and shoulders above them

And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

He's obviously very tall, but Tremlett (6' 8" by repute) similarly towers over his teammates:

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    A great day for Ajmal....disappointed to see umpire **** ups making DRS look bad....

For the Chucking debate on Ajmal...seriously ppl get a life....the guy doesn't go past 8 degrees on straightening his arm as per the checks ICC did on him....just learn to give credit where due...

As far as Kallis dismissal goes..clear **** up on umpires part....but I still don't understand how did everyone know that umpire on field did not give out on lbw? when an appeal is made its made on all accounts....you don't make separate appeals for separate incidents in the same delivery...so the "umpires call" remained out in the end for LBW as well...didn't it?
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

fair point.....

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    He's obviously very tall, but Tremlett (6' 8" by repute) similarly towers over his teammates:

team mates too short ...make him look tall

International Regular WindieWeathers's Avatar
    It really makes fantastic viewing when Ajmal is in full flow, you could just tell he was in the mood today right from the start as the SA batsmen were all over the place against him, and when Ajmal smells blood there's not many batters who can stem that wave,

I did think when they got above 300 that they'd be in with a chance, the only worry is Ajmal can't do it all on his own, the others will need to chip in aswell, i also think this game exposes once again SA's lack of a good spinner and their vulnerability against spin too.
    One day world cup winners- Champions trophy winners- T20 world cup winners- 29 test series without defeat record- Highest run chase in test history record and some think we're minnows? :P

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Hoisted by his own petard.

It's 15 degrees not 15 percent.

Meanwhile I'd like to get a Thierry Henry ruling on Irfan's height. There's no way he's 7' 1". Doesn't look as tall as Tremlett, even.
    Oops, yeah my bad Brumbs, was in a hurry so put the wrong measurement. And I copied and pasted into the other thread LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    As far as Kallis dismissal goes..clear **** up on umpires part....but I still don't understand how did everyone know that umpire on field did not give out on lbw? when an appeal is made its made on all accounts....you don't make separate appeals for separate incidents in the same delivery...so the "umpires call" remained out in the end for LBW as well...didn't it?
    Yeah, this.

I think the right call was made on the Kallis dismissal. As long as there's communication between the umpires, it's fair.

With some of those calls, the umpire's chain of thought may be "well, if he didn't edge that I'm going to give it out LBW."

Thread Information