• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Quite a game though, pakistans lack of test cricket counting against them, but they are improving drastically, just wonder how they would have done with more warmups against competitive teams. Just look at the team australia is playing today in a warmup, full of great players in india A, I wonder who organises these affairs?
:laugh:

It's not the lack of cricket. It's the fact that we are rubbish. Our best 2 bowlers were removed due to selling their country out. Do you really expect us to replace them so quick. Our leader is a guy who averages close to Ishant Sharma and has not improved despite playing international cricket for a few good years. And our batsmen except Younis and maybe Shafiq are FTBs.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I seriously doubt that. You won by just 4 wickets. 120 more runs and you guys would have lost.
We lost the last 3 wickets because of slogging, Amla and ab would never have thrown away their wickets like that if we needed another 120. I'm pretty confident amla would have anchored us to there if he didn't throw his wicket away.

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pakistan missed a trick here. Another 100 runs and they would ****ed SA up. That ball from hafeez which turned oh man.
Not the first time Hafeez bowled a big turner like this. I remember some time ago in a series (maybe against Australia? England? Can't remember) they shown how he was getting the most turn of all the bowlers involved in the test.

MOM Philander, surely

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
:laugh:

It's not the lack of cricket. It's the fact that we are rubbish. Our best 2 bowlers were removed due to selling their country out. Do you really expect us to replace them so quick. Our leader is a guy who averages close to Ishant Sharma and has not improved despite playing international cricket for a few good years. And our batsmen except Younis and maybe Shafiq are FTBs.
Well your only going to get the best out of your players when they compete against good opponents. Pak is still ranked at 4 On the rankings?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Well your only going to get the best out of your players when they compete against good opponents. Pak is still ranked at 4 On the rankings?
Can you name a decent team ranked below 4. And we are ranked this high because we have been playing most if our matches in UAE, where Ajmal and Rahman will destroy any team.

We drew with a weak WI team and lost to Lanka away. That's how rubbish we are.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Players like Gul and Tanvir would have been laughed out of Pakistan during Wasim and Waqar's time.
But its more than that, I think Azhar ali's innings caused the tail to collapse, he was just too slow, Pak went out to bat in the second innings as if they are 300 behind trying to save the match

Satyanash89

Banned
Tougj choice for motm but i guess Peterson's innings just turned the match on its head. SA were looking down the barrell at that point and when he finally got out, Pakistan's morale was in the dumps

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
But its more than that, I think Azhar ali's innings caused the tail to collapse, he was just too slow, Pak went out to bat in the second innings as if they are 300 behind trying to save the match
Oh, come on. In that situation if you get out it's your fault and yours only, there's no pressure to score quickly. If anything, Misbah got dismissed with a bad shot, and Sarfraz didn't even offer one. Azhar took his time, and scored runs. No way you can accuse him of the failures of others

Last edited:

Satyanash89

Banned
Surely you must be kidding. Kid played a good hand. Got a great ball from Philander too, not much he couldve done. The shot Sarfraz played to get out was atrocious and Shafiq's was just wtf

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can you name a decent team ranked below 4. And we are ranked this high because we have been playing most if our matches in UAE, where Ajmal and Rahman will destroy any team.

We drew with a weak WI team and lost to Lanka away. That's how rubbish we are.
Pakistan are definitely the fourth best team in the world for mine. 1 v 4 in 1's home conditions does always have a fair chance of being too much of a mismatch though, especially when the home conditions of the sides in question are so different.

If anything this series has been closer so far than I expected at the start; I remember you blokes (smali mainly, ironically enough) ripping into me for saying you'd get smashed because your batting was crap and your pace attack wasn't anywhere near good enough to make up for that.

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tougj choice for motm but i guess Peterson's innings just turned the match on its head. SA were looking down the barrell at that point and when he finally got out, Pakistan's morale was in the dumps
Yeah, while Philander's 5-60 in the first innings only limited Pakistan to 330 instead of letting them posting a big score. What are his figures for the match, 9-100? Bah, just another day in the office

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
With morkel injured and kallis looking fragile we had three bowlers, Ali blocked everything. They played right into our hands, smith could not have scripted it any better. Then the lower order came in and forced shots and got over defensive. They will improve for Centurion.

Satyanash89

Banned
Гурин;3017170 said:
Yeah, while Philander's 5-60 in the first innings only limited Pakistan to 330 instead of letting them posting a big score. What are his figures for the match, 9-100? Bah, just another day in the office
Which is why it was a tough choice. Couldve gone to either of Robbie P, Philander, Ajmal

SeamUp

International Coach
Centurion and a bit of bounce again on the highveld up next.

Thought it was a good cricket wicket and tested us due to our opponents who after a new ball burst are at home on those sorts of wickets. A testing victory always feel the best.

Good win by the Proteas.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
If anything this series has been closer so far than I expected at the start; I remember you blokes (smali mainly, ironically enough) ripping into me for saying you'd get smashed because your batting was crap and your pace attack wasn't anywhere near good enough to make up for that.
Oh I how regret making those misguided statements :p