Page 9 of 160 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    Gosh can't wait for this. I think "stability" for Pakistan is good for south africa, last thing we want is for Pak to play with unpredictability and flair.

I recon it will be a legendary series, but SA to win 2-1 if there's no rain. Hope for some fireworks.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Everyone is thinking that this will be a cracking series. Hopes it lives up to it's billing and that it's a roller coaster ride for both teams.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    yeah, I hope it isn't one sided or at least not one sided in favor of SA
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

last evening's NZ-SA match has given me hope (even though it was an ODI)

Tournaments Won: 1
    It better be worth all of this resting nonsense after last night's shambles.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Bowl at Boycs : 'I put my money on South Africa' | Cricket Features | South Africa v Pakistan | ESPN Cricinfo

start the series damn it....going by the comments section, Pak fans really fancy the chances of their team

Going by Misbah's comments, I can feel that the Pakistani batsman have already decided on their strategy, which is to block, block and block some more. This will be their downfall because they will always be on the defensive and thus causing RSA to just destroy them.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    The only way I can see Pakistan winning a Test is by getting the better of a low scoring match the same way India did in 2010.

Amid all the euphoria of their 3-0 drubbing of England the fact that their batsmen were pretty crap seems to have been forgotten.

yeah, the batting has been a problem for a while but this line up is slowly gaining experience.

A warm up match tomorrow and apparently it is on one of SA's slower tracks. Won't be great practice for the upcoming series I suppose

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    yeah, the batting has been a problem for a while but this line up is slowly gaining experience.

A warm up match tomorrow and apparently it is on one of SA's slower tracks. Won't be great practice for the upcoming series I suppose

I wouldn't mind warm up being played on slow track - I would rather see some runs for batsmen on slow tracks so that they feel somewhat confident going into tests and somewhat overcome the ghosts of Past failures of SA batting disastrous than playing warm-up on typical SA track walking into first test mentally beaten.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Tournaments Won: 1
    It's not that high-scoring a wicket though. Just slow.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    The only way I can see Pakistan winning a Test is by getting the better of a low scoring match the same way India did in 2010.

Amid all the euphoria of their 3-0 drubbing of England the fact that their batsmen were pretty crap seems to have been forgotten.
    That's because the line up was still raw, bowling conditions were good and England had some decent bowlers, no. 1 team etc... Azhar Ali and youhis still had some great knock's.

Agree that Pakistan should be Cautious, but they really need u strategy to get single' s, Can't let the maidens build up.

Quote Originally Posted by r3alist View Post
    That's because the line up was still raw, bowling conditions were good and England had some decent bowlers, no. 1 team etc... Azhar Ali and youhis still had some great knock's.

Agree that Pakistan should be Cautious, but they really need u strategy to get single' s, Can't let the maidens build up.
    This is what I am worried about. I have a feeling that they are going to go into complete block mode to save wickets and therefore won't play according to situation or to target the bad deliveries (not that Steyn and co bowl a lot of bad deliveries).

the warm up match gets under way in east london in about 3 hours.....let's see what line up we play

how the hell is Faisal Iqbal in the team and no Fawad Alam.

Faisal Iqbal seems to be the only one in the squad due to nepotism, otherwise it is a decent squad.

Page 9 of 160 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread Information