• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Azhar Ali gone.

Why the **** did they stop the replay before the foot fully hit the crease though ? Wasn't a No ball given before because the foot slid just past the line ?

Dodgy work by the SA broadcasters.
Nah. The newish rules, as I understand them, is that something must be behind the vertical line over the crease when any part of the foot hits the ground.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Well the way I see it, if the ball turns too much then there will just be plays and misses, just like steun swinging it too much, it should just do enough. That said Ajmal won't get more than two wickets. Paks other bowlers will have to come to the party.

ajdude

International Coach
i feel like spikey watching this ****ty live stream

thanks fox sports for making me feel like a piece of ****

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
You foot only has to land behind the line, sliding doesn't matter.
Yeah, but they never showed the full foot landing. Just the heel.

Why was Irfan's one given as a no ball yesterday with the full foot shown including the slight forward movement after the landing ?

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Its unbelievable, I thought my the start of the innings, we'd bowl them out with the seconds new ball for sure, but by then they might have a 250-300+ run lead and it might be too late. Looks like -200 lead unless ajmal and tanvir starts attacking.

Briony

International Debutant
When the pitch is cracking up runs on the board are like gold, even if the total is not huge. If SA was playing a team without a good spinner it wouldn't be such an issue but Ajmal will be a massive factor. You cannot expect RP to bail them out again.

Kirkut

International Regular
Why doesn't Steyn bowl swinging yorkers to tail enders?

In fact, why do we rarely have bowler who bowl yorkers in Test cricket today?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Where the feet land is all that is important for a noball. Whether there is a subsequent slide is irrelevant.
Nah. The newish rules, as I understand them, is that something must be behind the vertical line over the crease when any part of the foot hits the ground.
Err Vertical and any part ?

So any bowler can hit the heel vertically behind the line and slide forward before the release ?

When were the rules changed, btw ? Because i have seen ****load of no balls given when umpire considers the foot to have landed fully after the initial forward movement with the whole feet touching the ground. If it was just the heel then atleast half shouldn't be given.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Yeah, but they never showed the full foot landing. Just the heel.

Why was Irfan's one given as a no ball yesterday with the full foot shown including the slight forward movement after the landing ?
I didn't see it happen, but that seems fine if his heel is behind the line? Unless he followed through and landed on his other foot and then released the ball, which would be a no ball in every country.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
When the pitch is cracking up runs on the board are like gold, even if the total is not huge. If SA was playing a team without a good spinner it wouldn't be such an issue but Ajmal will be a massive factor. You cannot expect RP to bail them out again.
You are acting like they have 240 on the board. They don't even have 200 yet. Saffers firm firm favourites

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Err Vertical and any part ?

So any bowler can hit the heel vertically behind the line and slide forward before the release ?

When were the rules changed, btw ? Because i have seen ****load of no balls given when umpire considers the foot to have landed fully after the initial forward movement with the whole feet touching the ground. If it was just the heel then atleast half shouldn't be given.
I don't know when they were changed. All I know is that they were.

Just imagine the line to extend vertically - like a wall; when the front foot lands with any part of the foot, some part of the foot needs to be behind that wall.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yup and lunch timed perfectly for SA. If the 10 overs after lunch don't finish Pakistan off, the new ball will.

Really disappointed with the collapse here. The batsmen had an opportunity to win the game.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Hmm, i like your confidence but i dont think batting's going to be easy against ajmal. Ball's definitely turning. Anything over 200 will be interesting... SA favorites but it wont be a cakewalk
Well he is probably gonna take 8-10 wickets now lol... I just think we didn't play him as well as we could, silly sweeps and reverse sweep shots, reckon we will be more patient against him than the first innings.