• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Pakistan taking batting first in the practice match. Not sure about the condition but looks like a tactical decision in order to test themselves

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Just heard on PakPassion that Toffee is injured and will be flying back. Bad news since the team would have been better if Toffee, Jamshed, Hafeez and Azhar were the top four.

Bouncer

State Regular
Just heard on PakPassion that Toffee is injured and will be flying back. Bad news since the team would have been better if Toffee, Jamshed, Hafeez and Azhar were the top four.
I really hope that first inning has shed some light on inability of YK/Misbah/Asad against any quality pace bowlers on non Pak/India/UAE/BD/Zim/SL/WI wickets and they send in Umar Akmal who perhaps get into 2nd or third test match after more failures of YK/Misbah/Asad or at-least two out of these three.

Bouncer

State Regular
you could have written inability to handle pace on Eng/SA/Aus wickets :p

Wouldnt have painted the picture quite good enough - Some geniuses who hates UA more than (they) like batting of Misbah/Asad/YK - who mostly have learned cricket from YT and statusguru - would be too quick to throw me their accomplishments from last few tests on Pak/India/UAE/BD/Zim/SL/WI wickets. Internet is full of those geniuses/trolls.

Yas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Think people seem to forget Pak are NOT a batting power house and haven't been for a long time! Wouldn't have even called them that when Anwar, Inzi and MoYo were in the side tbf! Anyways my point is yes our batsment are obviously going to find it tough!!! But the suggestion that YK/Asad/Ali/Misbah shouldn't be playing this series is ridiculous!!! Some people forgetting we actually WON a test in SA on our last visit, who got a century?? YOUNIS KHAN!!! As for Ali/Asad/Misbah maybe they may not do so well in the series but they DO have the tempremant for tests. If they aren't going to play, who is??? We've hardly got a few Bradmans waiting at home for us have we? Pak need to be aiming for 300 as a minimum when we bat. I think with our attack it gives us enough runs to play with and hopefully we can grind out a total like that.

On a separate note we did challenge SA last time we were here and our bowling attack consisted of people like Sami, Shahid Nazir and Kaneria!!!! You do the math!

Looking forward to a good series hopefully!

Yas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ok my bad YK didn't score a century last time. He did bat us to victory in the second test however!

Yep Safraz can bat, got a FC HS of 200 odd. I think hes decent enough for tests, problem is for ODI's/T20's hes not much of a hitter and more of a nudger and nurdler. Needs to find the boundary more often if he wants to be in the limited overs teams. But in the tests all Pak need from him is to stay at the crease and ground some runs out!

Good luck to him!

smash84

The Tiger King
it is ok....i want to see how the Pak bowling performs on this surface. I reckon if the Pak batsmen can give the bowlers 300 to bowl at, then the bowling should be able to cause serious problems to SA

smash84

The Tiger King
the most successful bowler for the board XI is their offie, something in the wicket for the spinners?