• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bah. Shame. Deserved a ton.

SA from here, IMHO. If two tons can only drag Pakistan to a lead of a dozen I can't a substantial target being set.

Incidentally I note both 1st innings century makers went for Nelsons. Is this a test match first?
Yeah, first time there's ever been two nelsons in a match.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Philander is clearly doing the business with the ball but Cricinfo still lists him as an allrounder. He averages under 20 with the bat in Tests and has a FC batting average almost identical to Swann. My question, I guess, isn't necessarily about Philander but when does a bowler become an allrounder and when does an allrounder regress to be a bowler?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Philander is clearly doing the business with the ball but Cricinfo still lists him as an allrounder. He averages under 20 with the bat in Tests and has a FC batting average almost identical to Swann. My question, I guess, isn't necessarily about Philander but when does a bowler become an allrounder and when does an allrounder regress to be a bowler?
I won money betting on him to top score with the odds at 49 once. Definitely makes him a batsmen in my books. :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tell you what this is a cracking Test.
Yeah, it's not only going to be a close one, it's top quality too. Admittedly I didn't watch the entire first day, but from highlights and what I've seen on days 2 and 3 it's been awesome viewing. Steyn's spell to Younis earlier was pretty fapworthy. Been a while since I saw him crank it up to the high 140s.