• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Gosh can't wait for this. I think "stability" for Pakistan is good for south africa, last thing we want is for Pak to play with unpredictability and flair.

I recon it will be a legendary series, but SA to win 2-1 if there's no rain. Hope for some fireworks.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Everyone is thinking that this will be a cracking series. Hopes it lives up to it's billing and that it's a roller coaster ride for both teams.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Going by Misbah's comments, I can feel that the Pakistani batsman have already decided on their strategy, which is to block, block and block some more. This will be their downfall because they will always be on the defensive and thus causing RSA to just destroy them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The only way I can see Pakistan winning a Test is by getting the better of a low scoring match the same way India did in 2010.

Amid all the euphoria of their 3-0 drubbing of England the fact that their batsmen were pretty crap seems to have been forgotten.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah, the batting has been a problem for a while but this line up is slowly gaining experience.

A warm up match tomorrow and apparently it is on one of SA's slower tracks. Won't be great practice for the upcoming series I suppose

Bouncer

State Regular
yeah, the batting has been a problem for a while but this line up is slowly gaining experience.

A warm up match tomorrow and apparently it is on one of SA's slower tracks. Won't be great practice for the upcoming series I suppose

I wouldn't mind warm up being played on slow track - I would rather see some runs for batsmen on slow tracks so that they feel somewhat confident going into tests and somewhat overcome the ghosts of Past failures of SA batting disastrous than playing warm-up on typical SA track walking into first test mentally beaten.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
The only way I can see Pakistan winning a Test is by getting the better of a low scoring match the same way India did in 2010.

Amid all the euphoria of their 3-0 drubbing of England the fact that their batsmen were pretty crap seems to have been forgotten.
That's because the line up was still raw, bowling conditions were good and England had some decent bowlers, no. 1 team etc... Azhar Ali and youhis still had some great knock's.

Agree that Pakistan should be Cautious, but they really need u strategy to get single' s, Can't let the maidens build up.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
That's because the line up was still raw, bowling conditions were good and England had some decent bowlers, no. 1 team etc... Azhar Ali and youhis still had some great knock's.

Agree that Pakistan should be Cautious, but they really need u strategy to get single' s, Can't let the maidens build up.
This is what I am worried about. I have a feeling that they are going to go into complete block mode to save wickets and therefore won't play according to situation or to target the bad deliveries (not that Steyn and co bowl a lot of bad deliveries).

smash84

The Tiger King
the warm up match gets under way in east london in about 3 hours.....let's see what line up we play

smash84

The Tiger King
how the hell is Faisal Iqbal in the team and no Fawad Alam.

Faisal Iqbal seems to be the only one in the squad due to nepotism, otherwise it is a decent squad.

smash84

The Tiger King
can cricinfo please cover this a little better.

The match has started and we don't even know what team Pak is playing

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just the 6 wickets for 40 runs. Not that bad as Pakistan collapses go.

Pretty ordinary South African side but interested in how Hendricks gets on. Presumably Parnell is playing for the batting.