• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pakistan's batting has failed again and this time against a local team. Pathetic stuff when Faisal Iqbal does better than you. :laugh:

Azhar and Younis are really out of form.

SeamUp

International Coach
I would be worried if Pakistan didn't destroy this team as its not even a Cobras 2nd XI

Matthew Kleinvedlt has some ability as an opener and the opening bowlers are decent with Young being quite quick (Was the bowler who hit Smith in the Cobras nets a few weeks back.)

Pakistan will carry on batting when they go past the target for batting practice.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Glad Younis got some runs but I am stil concerned about Azhar. Hopefully he does well in the second Test.

Irfan should definately be in the next match since he did so well in the game against the Cobras.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I would be worried if Pakistan didn't destroy this team as its not even a Cobras 2nd XI

Matthew Kleinvedlt has some ability as an opener and the opening bowlers are decent with Young being quite quick (Was the bowler who hit Smith in the Cobras nets a few weeks back.)

Pakistan will carry on batting when they go past the target for batting practice.
Yeah, don't think I recognised a single name from the team.

Hoping the 'stanis give us a decent 3rd match (but also that we win, obviously).

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah, don't think I recognised a single name from the team.

Hoping the 'stanis give us a decent 3rd match (but also that we win, obviously).
I honestly thought Wanderers was their best chance where sideways movement is through-out a test match and they just needed a bit of luck to skittle us out in one innings but didn't materialise.

Newlands and Centurion are our banker grounds so it will be tough for the Pakistanis.

smash84

The Tiger King
from what I recall we have never played well at the wanderers....we should hopefully put up a better fight in other grounds and not just roll over (I hope)

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I thought we had a good record in Cape Town, but we have only lost 1 test out of 17 at Centurion, won 13. In Cape town we have lost 5 out of 25 won 17.

Grrr now we probably gonna lose 1.

SeamUp

International Coach
Junaid Khan out of 2nd test with a 'right thigh wound" supposedly.

EDIT: Source from SA cricket reporter. But she has now said that the coach said he won't play but the media manager says he can play. So maybe ignore it. :laugh:

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
A number of Pakistan players are carrying niggling injuries on the eve of the second cricket Test against South Africa which begins here on Thursday.

While opener Nasir Jamshed, who made his debut in the first Test at Johannesburg, twisted his ankle at the nets on Saturday, fast bowler Junaid Khan is recovering from a side strain that was caused by his collision with a door in the hotel lobby late on Friday.

Both the players are responding well to the treatment and manager Naveed Akram Cheema expressed confidence that they will make the playing XI for the second Test.

On Monday, wicket-keeper Sarfraz Ahmed survived a scare when he sustained a severe blow on the nose off a Saeed Ajmal delivery in the two-day practice match here against Emerging Cape Cobras that Pakistan won by ten wickets.

Sarfraz was immediately rushed for treatment and reports from the Pakistan camp late in the evening said the young wicket-keeper will be fit for the Test.

Meanwhile, tall pacer Mohammad Irfan is all set for Test debut here after he snapped up seven wickets in the practice game in an impressive exhibition of hostile fast bowling.

Irfan, using his height and pace to full advantage on a responsive track, troubled all the opposition batsmen and was the pick of the Pakistan bowlers.

Junaid hit by the door ? WTH ?

smash84

The Tiger King
at any rate, none of them will stop the carnage by the SA batting

neither will they be able to stop the SA bowlers :p

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I recon if Pakistan win the toss they should come out and bat positively, the pitch is expected to be extremely dry, and its not the Protea bowlers has gotten used to recently. They have to put the bowlers under pressure.

Peterson might have an important role to play in this test.

...so might Ajmal. if Junaid doesn't play i think Pak will go with 2 spinners.