• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Rasimione

U19 Captain
so Harris Sohail isnow out of the series with a knee injury would not mind a gamble of sending Umer Akmal get Azhar to open with Jamsed and slot Umer at 6.
the sooner you guys realise Akmal is not your saviour the better. evertime iv seen him, he gives his wicket away. worst part is he does not give a damn at all.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Not their saviour I agree, but he's a talented batsman.

Kinda worth a shot IMO as there's a limited amount that the other batsmen can do anyway.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Akmal coming into the side for Shafiq will only do people who support South Africa good. I don't feel Pakistan need to change the team much, this is the best they've got and there's no point chopping and changing. The one change I'd make would be anyone in for Rahat Ali though. He was a passenger in the 1st test and Pakistan can't afford one. Who should replace him? I'm not entirely sure, but I think anyone would be a better option.

Bouncer

State Regular
so anyways how we can pull a game back any thoughts? or suggestions? a 3-0 loss sounds so depressing after a good run that lasted 2 years.:(
Well TBH I am surprised that people who have followed Pak cricket are surprised at what is happening in SA even after following last 2 years of Pak cricket. Misbah's captaincy has basically stalled progress of Pak middle order on those UAE/Pak/SL/BD/Zim/WI/Indian batting wickets - In those easy conditions one would have given opportunities to new batsmen and should have helped Umar Akmal's growth as a batsman but Instead Misbah made sure that YK gets to play in those conditions; score easy runs.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Well TBH I am surprised that people who have followed Pak cricket are surprised at what is happening in SA even after following last 2 years of Pak cricket. Misbah's captaincy has basically stalled progress of Pak middle order on those UAE/Pak/SL/BD/Zim/WI/Indian batting wickets - In those easy conditions one would have given opportunities to new batsmen and should have helped Umar Akmal's growth as a batsman but Instead Misbah made sure that YK gets to play in those conditions; score easy runs.
Dire Posting.

The purpose of home games is to win and improve rankings and not to ensure Umer Akmal might grow as a batsman. Asad and Azhar may never end up as being elite test batsman but they sure have the right attitude for test cricket something that Pakstan batsman has been lacking for a good part of decade.

I am not supporting Umer Akmals inclusion because I think he will be our savior I am just pinning my hopes on something out of the box which might surprise SA. Over the last 12 months the only batsman who have had success against Steyn n co are those that took attacks to this bowling unit once the ball got soft Clarke, KP, Hussey and Bairstpw comes to mind so Umer Akmal is probably the only guy that is capable of doing it even if there is a higher possibility he throws his wicket away after a quick 20 odd.

The bottom line is Pakistan needs a miracle to avoid a 3-0 whitewash so they may have to take some risks that may lead to a miracle or two.

SeamUp

International Coach
Pakistan playing a 2-day game against a Cobras XI starting tomorrow. There might be some rain around tomorrow though.

SeamUp

International Coach
How does this "Wally Wilson Oval" compare to Newlands?
It belongs to WPCC. Quality facilities there with the hockey pitches, squash courts, indoor cricket facilities and they have a couple of cricket fields. Would say its not the biggest but it certainly has a good back drop of table mountain.

Attachments

Last edited:

Quaggas

State Captain
Cheers. Was sort of wondering if the pitch conditions were a decent facsimile , but since they're so close I suppose it just depends on whether the curator tries hard enough.