• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Days 3 and 4 are the best for batting here and scoring 250+ in the 4th innings isn't anything new.

But Pak are already 1 down after a sedate start from the South African pacers.
I'm curious to see how much turn will Peterson be able to extract from this pitch (assuming we get to see him). It might be also because of the weather, Steyn is getting almost no swing at all.

smash84

The Tiger King
I think Steyn looked much much more dangerous than Philander because of those couple of extra yards of pace

smash84

The Tiger King
any bowler bowling to the pakistani batsmen should consider himself unlucky if he doesn't get wickets :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Surprised Scaly hasn't commented on the declaration yet. But yeah I haven't watched a ball today but it seems an odd dec with so much time left in the game even with some rain about.

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Declared a bit early, for me. Still, should win by 200 runs.
Well, if you recon that they should still win by 200, then why he's declared early?

This was a bit of a lose-lose situation, as ever when a weather forecast is involved.

Wicket's gone flatter, no swing, and nearly three days to get them 480, only with a risk of rain involved. And, as ever when a decison is taken in an incomplete-information scenario, should the result not go as you hoped you'll hear the hindsight queens moaning and cursing 'how can Smith have been so stupid. If it was me...'.

(It shows, that I'm still not so sure about the game being over?)

smash84

The Tiger King
Гурин;3009386 said:
Well, if you recon that they should still win by 200, then why he's declared early?

This was a bit of a lose-lose situation, as ever when a weather forecast is involved.

Wicket's gone flatter, no swing, and nearly three days to get them 480, only with a risk of rain involved. And, as ever when a decison is taken in an incomplete-information scenario, should the result not go as you hoped you'll hear the hindsight queens moaning and cursing 'how can Smith have been so stupid. If it was me...'.

(It shows, that I'm still not so sure about the game being over?)
dude, relax. This is the Pakistan batting line-up. They won't even get close. I can tell you from the 20+ year experience of following this side

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
There is that interesting 'grubber' spot from this end, they should try to exploit it a bit, maybe coming to bowl off an angle.