• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Fri Jan 25 - Mon Jan 28
08:30 GMT | 10:30 local
South Africa A v Pakistanis
Buffalo Park, East London

Fri Feb 1 - Tue Feb 5
1st Test - South Africa v Pakistan
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Thu Feb 14 - Mon Feb 18
2nd Test - South Africa v Pakistan
Newlands, Cape Town

Fri Feb 22 - Tue Feb 26
3rd Test - South Africa v Pakistan
SuperSport Park, Centurion

Fri Mar 1
16:00 GMT | 18:00 local
1st T20I - South Africa v Pakistan
Kingsmead, Durban

Sun Mar 3
12:30 GMT | 14:30 local
2nd T20I - South Africa v Pakistan

Wed Mar 6
South African Invitation XI v Pakistanis
De Beers Diamond Oval, Kimberley

Sun Mar 10
08:00 GMT | 10:00 local
1st ODI - South Africa v Pakistan
Chevrolet Park, Bloemfontein

Fri Mar 15
2nd ODI - South Africa v Pakistan

Sun Mar 17
3rd ODI - South Africa v Pakistan
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Thu Mar 21
4th ODI - South Africa v Pakistan
Kingsmead, Durban

Sun Mar 24
5th ODI - South Africa v Pakistan
Willowmoore Park, Benoni

Looks to be an exciting series since Pakistan's bowling attack is better than before with Junaid improving tremendously. I do believe the South African batting line up will be tested against our bowling, however or batting will collapse against Steyn et al (not going to be a pretty sight). My only hope is that they do better than NZ. :laugh:

Overall result 2-1 (think we can pull off a win if we bowl first)

Stand out players for this series:

Azhar
Younis
Junaid
Ajmal

Amla
Kallis
ABCD
Steyn
Philander

If anyone wants an avatar bet, I am up for it. And can the mods sticky this please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Fixtures ****?

Personally looking forward to this series. Reckon Pakistan have the potential to surprise a few, especially in what will be late summer in South Africa.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
5 ODI's is an overkill, would have preferred 4 Tests and 3 ODI's, but I guess there is the Champions trophy coming up plus ODI's generate the revenues.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pak are playing only 1 practice game? What kind of stupid ****tiness is this.

I can imagine us being 47-6

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I think pakistan is really going to push us, basically its our batting vs pakistan bowling, but with the venues being Centurion, newlands and wanderers we have a big advantage.

Ajmal, irfan and junaid will be great to watch.

AaronK

State Regular
How will the result of this serious effect the test ranking??

lets say if pak win.. will they will become number one??

smash84

The Tiger King
haha.....highly unlikely that Pak will become number 1 just by winning this series.

I am not even sure South Africa will lose the top spot if they lose this

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Assuming RSA wins 2-0 against NZ, if we then beat them 3-0, we will still be no 4.

Current Rankings:

1. RSA - 123
2. England - 118
3. Australia - 117
4. Pakistan - 109

If Pak wins 3-0

1. England - 118
2. RSA - 117
3. Australia - 117
4. Pakistan - 116

If Pak wins 2-0

1. RSA - 118
2. England - 118
3. Australia - 117
4. Pakistan - 115

If Pak wins 1-0

1. RSA - 119
2. England - 118
3. Australia - 117
4. Pakistan 113

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
The only scenario where we will go down a ranking and that's below India will be if we lose 3-0.

The best scenario Aus can hope for will be if we win by 2-1 against RSA and then Aus beats India by at least 3-0, otherwise they won't be no 1.

Last edited:

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pakistan have never won a test at any of the venues they are playing at. Maybe Wanderers is the place they can take a test, but Newlands and Supersport park is a different story.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Pakistan have never won a test at any of the venues they are playing at. Maybe Wanderers is the place they can take a test, but Newlands and Supersport park is a different story.
Care to put up an avatar bet on that then?

If Pak wins a Test, I control your avatar for 3 months. If Pak doesn't win, you control mine for 3 months.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'd love for Pakistan to give the saffers a bloody nose at some stage, but I struggle to see it happening. The pitches will be unlikely to offer too much for Ajmal, and Pakistan's batting remains a little shaky in the longer form of the game (though obviously will provide a far sterner challenge than the kiwi's, which might work in their favour if SA's bowlers go into the series underdone).

Still am really looking forward to the series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Reckon Pakistan will get hammered personally; they don't have the side for these conditions at all despite people for some reason always assuming they have a great fasting bowling lineup. I'm in line for a tasting giving South Africa do randomly like to drop home Tests but I reckon it'll be 3-0.