Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiced View Post
    Pakistan have never won a test at any of the venues they are playing at. Maybe Wanderers is the place they can take a test, but Newlands and Supersport park is a different story.
    Care to put up an avatar bet on that then?

If Pak wins a Test, I control your avatar for 3 months. If Pak doesn't win, you control mine for 3 months.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    And can the mods please sticky this!!!!!

Come on Fusion do your job.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Pakistan will win a test. (or come very close to winning a test at least)
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    I'd love for Pakistan to give the saffers a bloody nose at some stage, but I struggle to see it happening. The pitches will be unlikely to offer too much for Ajmal, and Pakistan's batting remains a little shaky in the longer form of the game (though obviously will provide a far sterner challenge than the kiwi's, which might work in their favour if SA's bowlers go into the series underdone).

Still am really looking forward to the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Reckon Pakistan will get hammered personally; they don't have the side for these conditions at all despite people for some reason always assuming they have a great fasting bowling lineup. I'm in line for a tasting giving South Africa do randomly like to drop home Tests but I reckon it'll be 3-0.
    ~ Cribbage

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Reckon Pakistan will get hammered personally; they don't have the side for these conditions at all despite people for some reason always assuming they have a great fasting bowling lineup. I'm in line for a tasting giving South Africa do randomly like to drop home Tests but I reckon it'll be 3-0.
    Except Pakistan does have some very talented fast bowlers, still. I reckon they will cause a few shocks tbh.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Umar Gul is exactly the sort of bowler I could see sparking a hilarious, inexplicable and decisive 1st innings collapse, tbf.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

You're probably right, but is their bowling quality that much different to 2007 Port Elizabeth when they beat SA? Kaneria was bowling pretty well back then I guess, but I'd still have Ajmal as better, and I'm pretty sure Shoaib broke down in that test and Sami played.

SA are probably stronger with the bat now though, and as you said, you've taken into account the fact SA randomly drop hope tests, and that is what the Port Elizabeth loss was.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Junaid and Irfan don't look too bad for SA conditions do they? If Irfan can get the ball in the right areas I think he can create trouble for any batsman in the world.

I think bowling wise we are not that far off from SA.

The batting though............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ..............
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Irfan is 7 1, bloke is going to be a handful on that alone

2-1 SA, they'll drop a random test somewhere along the line. Even Sri Lanka won a test here.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    You're probably right, but is their bowling quality that much different to 2007 Port Elizabeth when they beat SA? Kaneria was bowling pretty well back then I guess, but I'd still have Ajmal as better, and I'm pretty sure Shoaib broke down in that test and Sami played.

SA are probably stronger with the bat now though, and as you said, you've taken into account the fact SA randomly drop hope tests, and that is what the Port Elizabeth loss was.
    Asif?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    As much as people rave about Amir being such a gun I thought Asif was significantly better. He could toy with the batsman seaming the ball around at will

Yeah he is the main difference, hence why I said "that much different". He is better than anyone Pakistan currently has, but an injured Akhtar, and a Sami may cancel out his difference.

I don't know. I do think Pak have the bowling to win a test. But I don't think they will win a test.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    As much as people rave about Amir being such a gun I thought Asif was significantly better. He could toy with the batsman seaming the ball around at will
    I have never seen anyone claim Amir was better than Asif? Just that he was younger and so the loss was bigger.

Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information