Page 159 of 160 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160 LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2392

Thread: ****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Yas
    Pak really needs to freshen up their line up. How many times are they going to leave their bowlers nothing to work with!! Would like to see the following team:

1) Hafeez
    2) Shezad - positive player/good fielder
    3) Jamshed
    4) U.Akmal
    5) Shafiq
    6) Looks like it's gotta be Malik as don't know who else
    7) Afridi
    8) Gul
    9) Ajmal
    10) Junaid
    11) Irfan

Ok I left a keeper out of there... So much for my team! Although it was K.Akmal so hey ho!
    Last edited by Yas; 24-03-2013 at 09:19 AM.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    AB has been incredible this series. Class above everyone else.

Pakistan just straight up aren't playing anywhere near enough batsmen in the side. Afridi is a bowling allrounder who is batting 7 and being used as the sixth bowler; it's a complete waste. Hafeez is realistically a better bowler than he is a batsman too despite having to open the batting abd they're batting Kamran Akmal in the top three every game as well. Only four of the top seven are primarily batsmen and when those four are Jamshed, Younis, Misbah and Malik then it's not really a happy state of affairs. Just to top it off, they have a tail like an absolute rat - Gul or Wahab at 8 is really pushing it.
    ~ Cribbage

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Top batting by the skipper! AB is just an insanely great player to watch.
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Miller is such a ****. Denied him a hundred there.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Yeah that was annoying. He'd take 95 not out though. Now averages over 50 with a strike rate of over 93. Where's he rated among the ODI greats?

I don't know much history of ODI cricket, but surely de Villiers, with the added bonus of being one of the great fielders, is near a place in an all time ODI XI?
    Last edited by Cabinet96; 24-03-2013 at 09:54 AM.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    I'd place him as No.5 in my All time ODI XI - right after Ricky Ponting ( no.4 )...

Sachin
    Gilchrist
    Richards
    Ponting
    AB de villiers
    Symonds
    Klusener
    Akram
    Garner
    Muralitharan
    Ambose

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Can bat anywhere in the order too which is a bonus. Not out of place in an AT XI for sure.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Pakistan just straight up aren't playing anywhere near enough batsmen in the side. Afridi is a bowling allrounder who is batting 7 and being used as the sixth bowler; it's a complete waste. Hafeez is realistically a better bowler than he is a batsman too despite having to open the batting abd they're batting Kamran Akmal in the top three every game as well. Only four of the top seven are primarily batsmen and when those four are Jamshed, Younis, Misbah and Malik then it's not really a happy state of affairs. Just to top it off, they have a tail like an absolute rat - Gul or Wahab at 8 is really pushing it.
    I'd definitely say Wahab gets kicked before Afridi though, with Afridi moving down to 8th. He'd play a Klusener role if I was the Pakistan decision maker.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkallis View Post
    I'd place him as No.5 in my All time ODI XI - right after Ricky Ponting ( no.4 )...

Sachin
    Gilchrist
    Richards
    Ponting
    AB de villiers
    Symonds
    Klusener
    Akram
    Garner
    Muralitharan
    Ambose
    Reckon Amla will easily make that team by career's end. He was absolutely horrible today though. Can't remember such a bad Amla innings ever since he had his second coming.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Missed the bowling performance so can't comment, although my love for McLaren appears to have been rewarded once again. Huge nightmares will ensue when Jacques returns. Does he come in for McLaren, or for one of the top 6? McLaren would have been the obvious choice until he turned into the dominant force he's been recently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkallis View Post

Sachin
    Gilchrist
    Richards
    Ponting
    AB de villiers
    Symonds
    Klusener
    Akram
    Garner
    Muralitharan
    Ambose
    How does Ambrose make it ahead of McGrath or Donald in an AT ODI XI?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricket Spectator
    Well done SA! Very glad morkel is back in the side! I couldn't believe that they left him out in the previous match even though he was fit. AB is playing really well but I feel our batting line up is still vulnerable to collapse especially with mclaren not in the best form with the bat.

Irfan is looking more and more dangerous. Looking forward to seeing how he develops over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    Missed the bowling performance so can't comment, although my love for McLaren appears to have been rewarded once again. Huge nightmares will ensue when Jacques returns. Does he come in for McLaren, or for one of the top 6? McLaren would have been the obvious choice until he turned into the dominant force he's been recently.
    I think the best thing would be for kallis to replace him and for him to replace tsotsobe so it would be steyn, morkel, kallis, mclaren, peterson, duminy. I doubt that will happen though.

Yas
    The decline of Razzaq has hit Pak hard. Without a genuine all rounder the balance of the team is totally ruined! Not sure what happened to Hammad Azam but Pak need to unearth one quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    I'd definitely say Wahab gets kicked before Afridi though, with Afridi moving down to 8th. He'd play a Klusener role if I was the Pakistan decision maker.
    Yeah that obviously works at home, but that's 30 overs of minimum to get through and Afridi has been bowling pies lately, so it makes it difficult.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    yeah, Afridi has lost his bowling too of late. The guy should retire one and FOR ALL. Not make his 19th comeback

Thread Information