• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
This SA bowling attack is pretty special IMO, they probably will have a peak for 3 or 4 more year's, or however long steyn can Keep going, if I were a SA fan I would be extremely proud of this trio, but since I am a Pak fan I am thinking what could have been so am a little depressed that Pak are not fielding khan/amir/asif :(

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
I do largely agree, however Moonda exaggerates everything she writes about; not just this. Most writers do it to some extent - obviously they have to try and make their writing interesting rather than state the obvious or rehash the consensus - but she's always done a poor job of making whatever she's saying look like it's really in any sort of context.
Yep it's the old 1+1=11. Trying to sound smart and insightful but with the unfortunate and uncanny knack of grabbing onto the wrong end of the stick/bat. There could be a separate thread just for the facepalmingly dumb/wrong things she comes up with :ph34r:

Edit: Starting with her many anti-Smith cheap shots over the years & constant political posturing and angling for quota selections (e.g. Tsolekile)

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
****ing Sky and women's cricket!!!!!!!!!

The match is exactly the same time as the women's cricket (England vs Sri Lanka) and they have shafted it to the red button. I got Sky Go just for this series and it doesn't have the option for the red button, so I won't be able to watch for some periods.

Absolutely fuming that they think Women's ODI's are more important.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Reading the tributes for Graeme Smith makes one take into stock everything the man has achieved. A 100 Tests as captain is mind boggling. Batting with an average close to 50 while captaining is incredible, not to mention his second innings record. A tenure culminating (not really, he'll be around for some time yet) in the undisputed no. 1 tag is just out of whack.

To the S. Africans on the board, what has he been as a "statesman" outside and on behalf of the game in the country?

smash84

The Tiger King

The match is exactly the same time as the women's cricket (England vs Sri Lanka) and they have shafted it to the red button. I got Sky Go just for this series and it doesn't have the option for the red button, so I won't be able to watch for some periods.

haha....that's hilarious

smash84

The Tiger King
such an accurate and hilarious article about the history of Pak vs SA encounters

South Africa – Pakistan’s real nemesis | Cricket | DAWN.COM
Better Pakistani teams have gone to play inferior South African sides and come back embarrassed and riddled with controversies. South Africa, even more than Australia, have been Pakistan’s dementors. Throughout the 90s, they were the nemesis to what Pakistan stood for – they were consistent, overachieving, and they won. Especially against Pakistan. Seemingly only against Pakistan. Our teams have always struggled whenever they’ve faced armies of Probots (unless they were from New Zealand); and no one exposed Pakistan’s ailments quite like South Africa. One passage could define the late 90s for both sides: Shaun Pollock – that great bowler with no apparent talent – repeatedly bowling two feet outside the off-stump to an overloaded slip-cordon, and Saeed Anwar – the perfect representation of the pure Pakistani spirit – itching to flash at every ball. Anwar was a man who seemed to do things on a whim. Pollock was very much the 21st century athlete who had planned and understood every scenario before a ball had been bowled, and was going to stick to that, come what may – including Duckworth-Lewis calculations.

smash84

The Tiger King
such an accurate and hilarious article about the history of Pak vs SA encounters

South Africa – Pakistan’s real nemesis | Cricket | DAWN.COM
Better Pakistani teams have gone to play inferior South African sides and come back embarrassed and riddled with controversies. South Africa, even more than Australia, have been Pakistan’s dementors. Throughout the 90s, they were the nemesis to what Pakistan stood for – they were consistent, overachieving, and they won. Especially against Pakistan. Seemingly only against Pakistan. Our teams have always struggled whenever they’ve faced armies of Probots (unless they were from New Zealand); and no one exposed Pakistan’s ailments quite like South Africa. One passage could define the late 90s for both sides: Shaun Pollock – that great bowler with no apparent talent – repeatedly bowling two feet outside the off-stump to an overloaded slip-cordon, and Saeed Anwar – the perfect representation of the pure Pakistani spirit – itching to flash at every ball. Anwar was a man who seemed to do things on a whim. Pollock was very much the 21st century athlete who had planned and understood every scenario before a ball had been bowled, and was going to stick to that, come what may – including Duckworth-Lewis calculations.

smash84

The Tiger King
a good piece by Kamran Abbasi too. Absolutely loved the last line

Pak Spin | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo

Success for Pakistan will be that South Africa are still taking them seriously at the end of the Test series. The responsibility for this rests with Pakistan’s batsmen. But when Imran Farhat’s name appears on the team sheet we will know that Pakistan, forget South Africa, have finally stopped taking themselves seriously.

smash84

The Tiger King
nopes...I think at the wanderers the visting teams would ilke to win the toss and put the proteas in

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

#Firstworldproblems

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
What's the pitch looking like?

What you guys reckon? win the toss and bat first?
I think unless your batting lineup is exceptionally strong (and I can't say that about any team in world cricket at the moment), the default should be to win the toss and bowl when you're playing South Africa in South Africa with their current bowling lineup.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous McCullum's decision was.

smash84

The Tiger King
about 10 m ins to the toss....Misbah has usually been good at the toss......let's see if he wins this one...I want to see Pak's bowling take a shot at SA first up. If Pakistan bat first up I can see us getting bowled out by end of day today (possibly even tea?)

smash84

The Tiger King
A new pitch at the wanderers

There's some grass on the pitch, and a few cracks. Shaun Pollock says it will be a good toss to lose. He says it is quite soft on top, and there will be quite a bit of movement at the start, though it should be easier to bat once the first hour is dealt with.