Page 126 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2392

Thread: ****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    I dont think you can really use the phrase 'choke' in a team sport, but thats just my opinion
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Quote Originally Posted by kykweer.proteas View Post
    Why do people keep throwing the word "choke" around? Pak played on a pitch that suits them, did well on days 1 and 2 then were blown away on day 3 and 4, we outplayed them just like we did in Pakistan 2008 also in their conditions. Pakistan were put under pressure the whole second innings with good lines and lengths for over 70 overs and we never backed down. If SA bowled poorly, maybe we were lucky that Pakistan "choked" the truth is Pak was just bettered by SA.
    Azhar playing out maidens over maidens against RP yes RP bowled tightly but not as well that he should be going under 1 rpo.Misbah, Shafiq and Sarfraz throwing their wickets away yes tight bowling brought its pressure but that does not excuse awful judgement . Dropping AB couple of times on 3rd morning that give SA the breathing space when Ajmal had his foot on their throat followed by letting RP off the hook while batting, should have put Hafeez on with the in out field as soon as he started hitting out with Philander Hafeez is a good odi bowler would have got RP after a couple of hits.I thought SA batting was below par the whole game and had Pakistan taken their chances with some support from Ajmal a target of 250 would have been a winning one. SA fought back hard but it was sloppy cricket from Pakistan that aided them to comeback.
    Last edited by Xuhaib; 18-02-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    I dont think you can really use the phrase 'choke' in a team sport, but thats just my opinion
    Uhhhh

Round 16 AFL - Richmond v Gold Coast highlights - YouTube

South Africa v Pakistan, 2nd Test, Cape Town, 4th day : South Africa excellent, but not yet great | Cricket Features | South Africa v Pakistan | ESPN Cricinfo

Cricket must be the only team sport where in the mind of followers you're not playing only against your opposition, but also against performances of teams of the past.

I can't imagine a football fan saying after winning the scudetto 'Bah, they're still not as great as Torino in the '40s'.

I've read somewher on the web that winning 1-0 in Australia was not enouth 'because Australia at their peaks won 3-0 in South Africa' but those were just comments. Now this, on cricinfo, the day after winning a series... what a weird game
    It's the pitch, stupid.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    The most ridiculous part of that article is the comparison of the bowling attack to the Windies of the 80s and the Aussies of McWarne. She really is an awful writer.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Azhar playing out maidens over maidens against RP yes RP bowled tightly but not as well that he should be going under 1 rpo.Misbah, Shafiq and Sarfraz throwing their wickets away yes tight bowling brought its pressure but that does not excuse awful judgement . Dropping AB couple of times on 3rd morning that give SA the breathing space when Ajmal had his foot on their throat followed by letting RP off the hook while batting, should have put Hafeez on with the in out field as soon as he started hitting out with Philander Hafeez is a good odi bowler would have got RP after a couple of hits.I thought SA batting was below par the whole game and had Pakistan taken their chances with some support from Ajmal a target of 250 would have been a winning one. SA fought back hard but it was sloppy cricket from Pakistan that aided them to comeback.
    But Ab dominated on day 4, yes I agree Ajmal didn't have a lot of support, but Amla and Ab were toying with Pakistan, and I'm confident we could have chased 300... And robbie p was also playing Ajmal without any troubles, and if he was aiming for 4's and not sixes vs hafeez he would probably have gotten to a 100.

We played Ajmal with ease on day 3, and as I suggested we just approached him wrongly on day 2. I also mentioned that Pakistan should have attacked peterson cause we only had three bowlers, but what can we do, we were waiting for pak to make a move and it never came lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Coulda shoulda woulda didn't oops

Quote Originally Posted by Гурин View Post
    South Africa v Pakistan, 2nd Test, Cape Town, 4th day : South Africa excellent, but not yet great | Cricket Features | South Africa v Pakistan | ESPN Cricinfo

Cricket must be the only team sport where in the mind of followers you're not playing only against your opposition, but also against performances of teams of the past.

I can't imagine a football fan saying after winning the scudetto 'Bah, they're still not as great as Torino in the '40s'.

I've read somewher on the web that winning 1-0 in Australia was not enouth 'because Australia at their peaks won 3-0 in South Africa' but those were just comments. Now this, on cricinfo, the day after winning a series... what a weird game
    I don't usually comment on cricinfo, but in this case couldn't resist posting "Firdose Moonda: terrible but not yet replaced". Naturally she didn't publish it - she must only publish 10% of comments once the complaints about her are removed - but I'm pleased to know she would've read it. Seeing as she doesn't seem to have someone to spell/grammar/sanity check her articles I'm guessing she's her own comments moderator as well

Quote Originally Posted by kykweer.proteas View Post
    But Ab dominated on day 4, yes I agree Ajmal didn't have a lot of support, but Amla and Ab were toying with Pakistan, and I'm confident we could have chased 300...
    you've got to be joking

School Boy/Girl Captain sonnench's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    you've got to be joking
    If the situation called for it, I don't really see why we couldn't of tbh..... We were only 6 down because our guys were hitting out towards the end. If the situation had called for 300, they would of buckled down and chased it, like they have done so recently when the pressure was on.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnench View Post
    If the situation called for it, I don't really see why we couldn't of tbh..... We were only 6 down because our guys were hitting out towards the end. If the situation had called for 300, they would of buckled down and chased it, like they have done so recently when the pressure was on.
    Amla and De Villiers and even Kallis were hitting out because that was the best way to reach the target. Had they "buckled down" they might've been nowhere near it by the time they were 6 down.

The way they batted was the best way of getting to the target. This wasn't a wicket or an attack in which a batsman could do a Faf.
    Last edited by hendrix; 18-02-2013 at 03:19 PM.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Amla and De Villiers and even Kallis were hitting out because that was the best way to reach the target. Had they "buckled down" they might've been nowhere near it by the time they were 6 down.

The way they batted was the best way of getting to the target. This wasn't a wicket or an attack in which a batsman could do a Faf.
    Yep. And we all saw what happened to England whenever they tried to deadbat Ajmal and co in the UAE. Attack is the best defence. You won't win a battle of patience against bowlers with such good control.

Its similar with Philander, Smith hit the nail on the head calling him the seam version of Ajmal.
    Last edited by NasserFan207; 18-02-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by akilana View Post
    What a choke by pakistan.
    I really feel sorry for South Africa sometimes.
    If they lose, people are like "LOLZ choking Saffas", if they win, they say "bah, the other team choked"
    Great comeback from SA, helped by some bad batting by Pakistan in the second innings

Quote Originally Posted by sonnench View Post
    you were 88/3 and then 150/4 when Amla went yes Amla went for an expensive drive but no denying he dot get beaten in the air with that ball 150/4 with 100 needed I don't think its that easy especially when Faf and Elgar had no idea what Ajmal was bowling you can't expect 8-10 to bail you out twice in a match especially with the pressure of the chase. I know its hypothetical now but strongly feel 250 would have been serious game on and not a walk in the park.

U19 Cricketer
    Kyle Abbott has got a call-up as cover in the squad after Morkel pulled out.

Kleinveldt will probably play though ahead of him though.

Pakistan in South Africa 2012-13 : Injured Morne Morkel out of third Test, Kyle Abbott in | Cricket News | South Africa v Pakistan | ESPN Cricinfo

Thread Information