• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

smash84

The Tiger King
SA board XI trying to play for a win here it seems. Good run rate and good positive intent from them

SeamUp

International Coach
Ended in a draw. Could have bee interesting if the remaining 32 overs were bowled. They needed another 120 to win with 5 wickets remaining.

Smith's 100th test as captain only a few days away now at the bullring. :D

Last edited:

Heboric

International Debutant
A slight positive (maybe) for SA is Ajmal not getting to many wickets against the dirt trackers

SeamUp

International Coach
A slight positive (maybe) for SA is Ajmal not getting to many wickets against the dirt trackers
Certainly an interesting aspect considering most of these batsmen who do have ability but haven't faced his sort of spinner to often before got through it better than I would have thought.

Ajmal's first tour to South Africa ?

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah it is his first tour to South Africa.

Hasn't been so flash in the tour game. Hopefully he starts getting into the rhythm for test matches again soon. Has been playing only ODIs and T20s for the last 6 months or so.

SeamUp

International Coach
yeah it is his first tour to South Africa.

Hasn't been so flash in the tour game. Hopefully he starts getting into the rhythm for test matches again soon. Has been playing only ODIs and T20s for the last 6 months or so.
Thought it was. I remember he came into the Pakistan set-up late but you don't realise he is 36 this year already.

The real stuff starts Friday. Can't wait !

MrPrez

International Debutant
Ajmal 36?! Wow barely realised he was over 30 tbh. Didn't realise he was a late bloomer.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
My concern is Irfan's fitness..he didn't really bowl that many overs in the warm up. The other concern of course is Tahir..he gets a game and does another Marcus North and grabs 6 wickets and Pakistan get bowled out for 83 lol..after all Pakistan have a knack of making heroes out of crap spinners.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
"Vernon Philander might have to be on stilts to help us practice"

Jacques Kallis on how South Africa will prepare for the seven-foot-plus Mohammed Irfan

:laugh:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Firdose Moonda needs to go easy on the boasting...every article she writes its about how the South African bowling attack is so great..when in reality its not really all that..Steyn is great, Philander and Morkel are good..nothing extraordinary about them..the South African attack is a good, potent attack, but there have been good, potent attacks like this always in world cricket...no need to talk about them like they are the greatest thing to happen to fast bowling..especially after the hiding they got in Australia in the first two test matches..
If Pakistani batsmen got a few more warm up games and had prepared a bit better for this series, they would have been able to handle it..

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Don't worry Smali, he will do well.

I hope Irfan breaks so many helmets, that the ground staff will run out of the number of helmets and the SA batsmen will have to bat the rest of the innings bare headed!:p
I hope he bowles a few bouncers to Steyn before SA declare.

#gameover

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL I hope he doesn't waste his bouncers on tailenders like Steyn and bounces the crap out of the top order..which is quite vulnerable.