• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

MrPrez

International Debutant
Nonsense. The onus was on the umpires there - they Saffers were perfectly within their rights to appeal; if the decision was wrong it was the umpires' faults.

And I'm not so sure the decision was wrong - at first I thought it was wrong, but he did move into the line ever so slightly, and it was obviously to get in the line of the ball. Whether it was enough of a change of line to give him out, is another thing.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Not saying the umpires were right but it seemed trivial to appeal when Hafeez couldn't see where the ball was coming from.

Oop that was a bad drop from Smith by his standards.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If any umpire was going to give it out, it would have to be Bowden - the guy is hopeless and loves the spotlight

MrPrez

International Debutant
Not saying the umpires were right but it seemed trivial to appeal when Hafeez couldn't see where the ball was coming from.

Oop that was a bad drop from Smith by his standards.
Nonsense. Did you see him look over his shoulder? Did you see him run towards the stumps instead of for the crease? He was obviously trying to get in the way.

If any umpire was going to give it out, it would have to be Bowden - the guy is hopeless and loves the spotlight
He's not hopeless. He made a call based on the laws of the game. How people interpret the new law is subjective. It was definitely not a hopeless call, nor was he looking for the spotlight.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Which would make sense if he looked over his right shoulder or if ABDev was directly behind him he wasn't he was on a more 4/5 o'clock angle he's not a chameleon

MrPrez

International Debutant
He is hopeless. Did you not moan when he ****ed up that Kallis wicket by not reading the rules properly?
I can't even remember that, but he's made a mistake before?

Shocker. He must be hopeless.
Which would make sense if he looked over his right shoulder or if ABDev was directly behind him he wasn't he was on a more 4/5 o'clock angle he's not a chameleon
I don't really understand what you just typed, but let me just reemphasize that Hafeez ran towards the stumps. That's not normal. He swerved a bit about half-way down the track. Is that normal? As soon as it hit him, he swerved away from the stumps. Is that normal?

MrPrez

International Debutant
Hafeez could not see Devilliers because of where the latter was positioned in relatuont to Hafeez
That's completely irrelevant. He was trying to see where de Villiers was, which obviously hints towards him trying to get in the line. When combined with his strange line of running, it's all pretty darn obvious.

smash84

The Tiger King
That's completely irrelevant. He was trying to see where de Villiers was, which obviously hints towards him trying to get in the line. When combined with his strange line of running, it's all pretty darn obvious.
WTF

so a batsman running towards one of the ends wouldn't try to see where the fielder was :wacko::wacko::wacko:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He did indeed look over his shoulder, but the mere act of doing that when trying to run will naturally cause the path to deviate slightly, and it was only a slight deviation. Certainly not a "strange line" to me.

MrPrez

International Debutant
He did indeed look over his shoulder, but the mere act of doing that when trying to run will naturally cause the path to deviate slightly, and it was only a slight deviation. Certainly not a "strange line" to me.
So running from the edge of the pitch on one end, to the wickets at the opposite end, isn't a strange line?