Page 111 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2392

Thread: ****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    Its unbelievable, I thought my the start of the innings, we'd bowl them out with the seconds new ball for sure, but by then they might have a 250-300+ run lead and it might be too late. Looks like -200 lead unless ajmal and tanvir starts attacking.

When the pitch is cracking up runs on the board are like gold, even if the total is not huge. If SA was playing a team without a good spinner it wouldn't be such an issue but Ajmal will be a massive factor. You cannot expect RP to bail them out again.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Kirkut's Avatar
    Why doesn't Steyn bowl swinging yorkers to tail enders?

In fact, why do we rarely have bowler who bowl yorkers in Test cricket today?

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Where the feet land is all that is important for a noball. Whether there is a subsequent slide is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
    Nah. The newish rules, as I understand them, is that something must be behind the vertical line over the crease when any part of the foot hits the ground.
    Err Vertical and any part ?

So any bowler can hit the heel vertically behind the line and slide forward before the release ?

When were the rules changed, btw ? Because i have seen ****load of no balls given when umpire considers the foot to have landed fully after the initial forward movement with the whole feet touching the ground. If it was just the heel then atleast half shouldn't be given.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Yeah, but they never showed the full foot landing. Just the heel.

Why was Irfan's one given as a no ball yesterday with the full foot shown including the slight forward movement after the landing ?
    I didn't see it happen, but that seems fine if his heel is behind the line? Unless he followed through and landed on his other foot and then released the ball, which would be a no ball in every country.

Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    When the pitch is cracking up runs on the board are like gold, even if the total is not huge. If SA was playing a team without a good spinner it wouldn't be such an issue but Ajmal will be a massive factor. You cannot expect RP to bail them out again.
    You are acting like they have 240 on the board. They don't even have 200 yet. Saffers firm firm favourites

State Vice-Captain
    Err Vertical and any part ?

So any bowler can hit the heel vertically behind the line and slide forward before the release ?

When were the rules changed, btw ? Because i have seen ****load of no balls given when umpire considers the foot to have landed fully after the initial forward movement with the whole feet touching the ground. If it was just the heel then atleast half shouldn't be given.
    I don't know when they were changed. All I know is that they were.

Just imagine the line to extend vertically - like a wall; when the front foot lands with any part of the foot, some part of the foot needs to be behind that wall.

yup and lunch timed perfectly for SA. If the 10 overs after lunch don't finish Pakistan off, the new ball will.

Really disappointed with the collapse here. The batsmen had an opportunity to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    Hmm, i like your confidence but i dont think batting's going to be easy against ajmal. Ball's definitely turning. Anything over 200 will be interesting... SA favorites but it wont be a cakewalk
    Well he is probably gonna take 8-10 wickets now lol... I just think we didn't play him as well as we could, silly sweeps and reverse sweep shots, reckon we will be more patient against him than the first innings.

Gul to take a five wicket bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    Well if our top order fails again and RP has to bail us out again we probably won't deserve to win.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
    I don't know when they were changed. All I know is that they were.

Just imagine the line to extend vertically - like a wall; when the front foot lands with any part of the foot, some part of the foot needs to be behind that wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by kykweer.proteas View Post
    I didn't see it happen, but that seems fine if his heel is behind the line? Unless he followed through and landed on his other foot and then released the ball, which would be a no ball in every country.
    I don't think you got what i meant.

Philander lands his feet with the heel hitting the ground first and then the rest of the foot fully coming down. Between the 2 things there is forward movement due to the momentum and the rule i thought said that once the full feet hits the ground and some part is behind the line then it's not a no ball.

But the replay just cut out the rest of it and just showed Philander hitting the ground with some part of his heel and not his full foot grounded. Not saying Philander was going over the line but it is odd.
    Last edited by Cevno; 17-02-2013 at 04:09 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    There is no way Pakistan are coming back from this.....200 was absolutely vital and not really sure how much the pitch is really doing.....for all we know when SA come out to bat the pitch demons usually subside
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

I don't think you got what i meant.

Philander lands his feet with the heel hitting the ground first and then the rest of the foot fully coming down. Between the 2 things there is forward movement due to the momentum and the rule i thought said that once the full feet hits the ground and some part is behind the line then it's not a no ball.

But the replay just cut out the rest of it and just showed Philander hitting the ground with some part of his heel and not his full foot grounded. Not saying Philander was going over the line but it is odd.
    If that was the rule, I would bowl a no ball every single time, because I don't ground my heel until my follow through. Part of the foot has to be behind the line with part of the foot grounded, even if it's not the same part (ie if your heel is in the air but behind the line it's still not a no ball).
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Pathetic stuff from Pak.

Btw, why did they change the ball early?

Thread Information