• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Xuhaib

International Coach
Weird series for Ajmal. He took 10 in the 2nd test and then only manage 1 wicket total in the other 2.
apart from Joburg 2nd innings where SA batted with a 200 run advantage he bowled well lack of pressure creating bowler from the other end hurt him imo. Had Rehman played instead of one of the seamers he would have won the Cape Town test overall should be satisfied with his efforts.

Quaggas

State Captain
apart from Joburg 2nd innings where SA batted with a 200 run advantage he bowled well lack of pressure creating bowler from the other end hurt him imo. Had Rehman played instead of one of the seamers he would have won the Cape Town test overall should be satisfied with his efforts.
cogently argued but the way i see it had rehman played steyns offies would have come into play not to forget his grandmother at 6 so cape town would have still been won by south africa plus petersen cannot be underestimated regardless of who bowled overall clearly better effort

smash84

The Tiger King
cogently argued but the way i see it had rehman played steyns offies would have come into play not to forget his grandmother at 6 so cape town would have still been won by south africa plus petersen cannot be underestimated regardless of who bowled overall clearly better effort
:blink:

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
According to cricinfo, AB will both keep and open the batting in the T20s. Pleased to see him open but he should never be keeping when we have a keeper-batsman who smashed a T20 100 less than 2 weeks ago. Worse still (if cricinfo's probable team is true), Quinny might not even play as a pure batsman whilst Ontong and Behardien make the line-up. Ridiculous if this happens.

Briony

International Debutant
According to cricinfo, AB will both keep and open the batting in the T20s. Pleased to see him open but he should never be keeping when we have a keeper-batsman who smashed a T20 100 less than 2 weeks ago. Worse still (if cricinfo's probable team is true), Quinny might not even play as a pure batsman whilst Ontong and Behardien make the line-up. Ridiculous if this happens.

The selectors love Ontong.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I have no idea why we are sticking to these guys, behardien and Ontong, why not just bring back morkel?

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have no idea why we are sticking to these guys, behardien and Ontong, why not just bring back morkel?
Blows my mind as well. They are not even entertaining - apart from not really shining at this level. Ontong certainly has been tried and tested enough and wasn't exactly outstanding - give somebody else a go.

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I guess Albie Morkel days are over, just strange there are players the same age as he who is not better in the side. I would rather play more of the younger generation in the t20.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gun stop by Morris.

So many new faces in this SA lineup, should be interesting viewing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Abbott's not going to cut it in limited overs cricket IMO.

It's interesting with the domestic pitches in South Africa; they very much promote traditional good length seam bowling which is doing a great job in helping them produce Test quicks that touring sides can't play at all but it's the sort of bowling that can really go the journey in both limited overs formats. Three of the last four quicks they've debuted in Tests - Philander, Kleinveldt and Abbott - have looked really good in home conditions in Test cricket but they're really unsuited to the shorter formats and don't even do particularly well in them domestically. Morris is going to be so important going forward for them in terms of World Cups. Probably part of the reason they're so fascinated with Parnell as well despite the fact that he hasn't bowled well since he was about 18.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
this is ridiculous.....these pathetic batsmen can't stay at the wicket....only suited to 20 over wham bam cricket :happy: