• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Real time draft- voting poll

Please select the THREE best teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit surprised at the lack of Spikey love; pretty awesome looking bowling line up.

8ankitj's my personal fav tho.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit surprised at the lack of Spikey love; pretty awesome looking bowling line up.

8ankitj's my personal fav tho.
In hindsight, I shot myself in the foot picking Miller first. I should have taken McGrath instead and picked Kallis with my next pick (which was the plan, until Miller was actually there for the taking...)

Spikey

Andy, Cabinet and 8ankitj btw. thought about Mighty Mariner tho
hahaha didn't know he was voteless. a pretty gun batting line-up and Akram and Tyson to open the attack. Perhaps Andy Roberts over Anderson but idk, no votes is a little surprising. we don't hate Kumble that much do we!?

watson

Banned
A Post Mortem

At the time of the draft I suspected that Ian Botham and Matthew Hayden would be vote losers for my team. However, I selected Ian Botham because I had to shoe-horn a Pakistani player into the team and figured that Wasim Bari was the best player still available (Javed Miandad and all the top-notch quicks were gone).

My suspicions have been proven correct I think. Ian Botham is not rated as a first change bowler relative to other ATG bowlers. In fact he is so under-rated that his apparent lack of skill was not able to be masked by Marshall and Garner as the opening bowlers, and the class of Verity as the spinner.

It would have been nice to have better 5th bowler options in the team, but I still think that it's the lack of confidence in Ian Botham and Matthew Hayden that cost the team about 5-6 votes.

Interesting.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I would say Botham more than Hayden. Botham was the reason I almost dinn't vote for the team, but as you said, it's hard to over look Marshall, Garner (best ever opening combination) and Verity (top 5 spinner ever). Plus the middle order was the best on show.
Of the percieved modern FTBs, I still rank Hayden far ahead of the MoYo's, Mahela's and Sehwags of the world, so not a problem for me. Botham though was a big drop off for a first change. Half of Viv's highlights were againts him.

morgieb

Spikey - a decent side overall, but a lot of the players seem to be merely good rather than great, which is a fatal flaw at this level.
AndyZaltzHair - Bradman makes this side awesome, but it's still very good without him.
Cabinet96 - outstanding, only slight concern is the lack of aggressive bats.
Coronis - arguably the best batting of the lot, but the bowling isn't really good at this level.
8ankitj - very good, but its main strength is with its stars rather than.
Watson - great batting and opening bowling, but the bowling lacks a little depth.
Johnners - batting doesn't look so good at this level, but I like the bowling.
MightyMariner - probably the weakest of the bunch, making Compton open and batting Wasim at 7 are mistakes and the rest of his bowling is pretty average at this level.
Monk - batting is pretty meh at this level, but his bowling is stellar.