Barnes in this match revealed himself once more as one of the most remarkable bowlers that this country has ever produced. He has a positively wonderful command of the leg break.... His great height makes it difficult for the batsman to follow the flight of the ball. He is useful on every kind of wicket, whereas few bowlers of his pace are able to bowl on a sticky wicket. - JACK HOBBS, 'My Cricket Memories' (1924)
Ok guys, here is round 1. Reverses for round 2 (so MightyMariner gets two picks).
There were 9 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
Timestamp: 2013-01-12 09:26:01 UTC
Anyway, time to cull the people who aren't here yet IMO. We're half an hour past the scheduled start time. If they come in before round one finishes, they can filter in.
BRING IT ON a
Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?
With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left
Sir Don Bradman
Last edited by AndyZaltzHair; 12-01-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.
- AndyZaltzHair- Don Bradman
- MorgieB- Imran Khan
- AndyZaltzHair (skip pick)
* Each team must contain one player from each of the following countries:
- NZ OR Sri Lanka
* Any player who has played at least one test can be selected.
* Bradman can be chosen, but the player choosing him forfeits his/her choice in the next round (just to make it fun!)
* Each player has only 5 minutes to select a player after the player before him/her has selected.
* Will run it if we have at least 5 participants. Participants to remain on line for the duration of the draft.
* I'll randomise an order before we start and then it'll reverse for R2 etc.
Last edited by Monk; 12-01-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Sydney Thunder XI
RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.
May as well get the NZ/SL checklist out of the way early.
Sir Garry Sobers
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)