• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Real time draft- tonight, here.

watson

Banned
Well, my favourite test last year was between England and Pakistan at Abu Dhabi where sides were going at around 2-2.5 an over. And I really enjoyed the Nagpur test between India and England which was played at about two an over.
It depends on the context. If the bowling is excellent, or the pitch difficult to bat on, then a slow run rate is acceptable provided that both teams are combatitive and trying their best to win the match.

However, for the likes of Boycott or Barrington to knock half-volleys back down the pitch on a wicket that is a 'batsman's paradise' is unforgiveable. Especially if they farm the strike by deliberately scoring a single on the 6th ball of the over (as Boycott used to do regularly in County cricket).

It's that's sort of bad sportmanship that we are specifically complaining about.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
A real time draft needs a good co-ordinator to run it, as updating the lists every 10 minutes or so, and keeping track of everything is tricky. Monk was mega organised last time and did a great job.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'll run one tonight if enough people are keen.

Probably need to cap it at 10 people. I can either run the same format and clauses as last time, or if anyone else has anything innovative share here. I'm going to be at the computer studying anyway, so I won't participate but I'll keep it flowing. I work better when multitasking.

Would expect it to start at 7.30 pm Australian (EST).

watson

Banned
I'll run one tonight if enough people are keen.

Probably need to cap it at 10 people. I can either run the same format and clauses as last time, or if anyone else has anything innovative share here. I'm going to be at the computer studying anyway, so I won't participate but I'll keep it flowing. I work better when multitasking.

Would expect it to start at 7.30 pm Australian (EST).
I'm baby sitting a bunch of kids tonight, so as long as the TATs are too draconian I should be able to join in.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
How about Saturday? It's workday and folks in India and UK will be still at work at 7:30 Aus time.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Will run the one tonight if the demand is there. I think I'll be out tomorrow night but if someone else wants to go again....