• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

While the Rebels Were Away

stumpski

International Captain
That series against India was the first I ever followed that didn't involve England and it helped that the Cricketer, a much better magazine in those days, carried full reports of each Test. It must have happened since, but off the top of my head I can't recall another five-Test series which has been locked at 2-2 going into the last match. Of course, it was the weakening of the Australian side that helped to make the contest so even. They selected, I think, 34 players for Tests between the Centenary Test and the end of the Windies tour of 1978.

watson

Banned
That 176 made by Bob Simpson against Bedi and Co. must have been some innings given that he was 40 yrs old, and had been out of international cricket for a decade!