• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India ATG Team- Open Voting

watson

Banned
Here is the currrent score;

Kapil Dev = 19
Javagal Srinath = 9
Anil Kumble = 8

Bishan Bedi = 5
Mohammad Nissar = 5
Zaheer Khan = 4
Bhagwah Chandrasekhar = 3
Amar Singh = 2

It appears that the pre-voting favourites polled the strongest and the predictable happened: Kapil Dev, Javagal Srinath, and Anil Kumble were elected

It is possible that Bedi or Nissar may gain an extra 4 votes to overtake Kumble, but I doubt it very much.

I was kind of hoping that we would perform a first and give India a 3-pronged pace attack, or be adventurous and choose a bowler like Chandra. But I guess the general perception is that Anil Kumble is India's greatest spinner and that's all there is to it - fair enough.

So, unless people want to allow more time for voting I will assume the current batting order to be;

01. Sunil Gavaskar
02. Vijay Merchant
07. Farokh Engineer
08. Kapil Dev
09. Anil Kumble
10. Javagal Srinath

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Since I haven't received any requests to keep the voting going I'll assume that Kapil Dev, Javagal Srinath, and Anil Kumble are locked-in as the democratic choices. Therefore......

Please select 3 batsman to fill positions No.3, No.4, and No.5 in the batting order;

Rahul Sharad Dravid
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
Vangipurappu Venkata Sai Laxman
Gundappa Rangnath Viswanath
Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi (Nawab of)
Mohinder Amarnath Bhardwaj
Pahlan Ratanji Umrigar
Sourav Chandidas Ganguly
Mohammad Azharuddin
Dilip Balwant Vengsarkar
etc

More straight-forward??

Last edited:

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Dravid
Tendulkar
Vijay Hazare ..has to be there in the list imo..finest indian batsman pre-sunny era..may not be the right position but he comes to bat 5 down..

sad to leave out azza..one of my favorites..

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
3 and 4 are absolute locks, but I'm with doesitmatter all the way for number 5 - a truly great batsman who for some reason was left of the shortlist completely.

Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Vijay Hazare

Teja.

Global Moderator
I rate Azza very very highly - as a bat, not as a person - for sustaining an excellent record for fifteen years in a tough time for batting. I also think Vengsarkar and Amarnath are extremely underrated as batsman and Laxman has a legitimate claim to be the best crisis batsman of all time but there's no way I'm not voting for Hazare.

Dravid
Tendulkar
Hazare

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid
Tendulkar
Azharuddin

Azhar would be a good 12th man as he was a superb slipper in addition to being unlucky to miss out here.

edit: Changed vote to Azhar as Hazare seems to be getting in and Azhar deserves a shout.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid
Tendulkar
Hazare

Merchant in the middle order and Sehwag opening was a possible option ? Merchant played almost half/half in both positions iirc.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Rahul Dravid, Sachin tendulkar and Vijay Hazare for me. Suprised at the lack of votes for Dhoni, Amar Singh and Mohammad Nissar, all of whom would have been in my XI.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid, Tendulkar, Hazare.

First two are shoe ins, and Hazare is right up there with Merchant and Sunny as my favourite Indian batsmen.

Satyanash89

Banned
Dravid
Tendulkar
VVS

VVS can get quick runs, buckle down and grit it out, single-handedly rescue the team from a dire situation, irrespective of conditions and opposition. In fact, the better the opposition, the better he played.
He's underrated because of his average imo which suffered because of his terrible initial years as a makeshift opener. Otherwise he averaged about 50 iirc.
Played so many epics its impossible to ignore him. Only thing i can put against him is that he didnt get enough hundreds.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Dravid
Tendulkar
Azharuddin

Azhar would be a good 12th man as he was a superb slipper in addition to being unlucky to miss out here.

edit: Changed vote to Azhar as Hazare seems to be getting in and Azhar deserves a shout.
I don't get people changing their vote because someone isn't getting a lot of votes.

Isn't the idea that you just pick the player you think is best?