• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India ATG Team- Open Voting

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ha ha, so you'd both drop one of Grace or Sutcliffe to get Mitchell into the side?
Grace makes my All Time World XI if we're talking all cricket but Mitchell was definitely a better Test player than him IMO, and even if we're talking all cricket I'd have certainly included him somewhere. I rate him about Sutcliffe's equal and if I had to bat him at 3 (where he batted quite a bit for SA, actually) to get him in the side then I'd do so.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta be Kapil. Dravid was great tactically but as an Indian, if theres one guy who comes to mind when you think captain, its Kapil Dev. I have no rational reasons to give
Dravid has a lot going for him and was a very good understated captain. The only thing that worries me is his apparent diffidence. One gets the impression (and one could be completely wrong) that he is not one to share his inner most thoughts to freely and would rather keep things that were bothering him inside him. Even though he would take the decisions he thinks need be taken, he may hesitate to explain them frankly if they appeared to be sensitive.

This may cause greater inter-personnel problems than could be solved by talking to the people concerned frankly and straight from the heart. Rahul gives the impression that he may want to avoid confrontations but still go ahead and take the decisions he needed to take without explaining himself unless forced.