• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's wrong with Tendulkar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
In his last few innings, Sachin Tendulkar has seeemed unusually edgy at the crease.

Hasn't had a big score since the 3rd test against the West Indies in Calcutta last year.

Meanwhile, people like Lara, Hayden and Ponting have surpassed him on the "best batsmen in the world" ratings.
C'mon Sachin, you can do a lot better than this.......

Salamuddin

International Debutant
It just seems to be unusually prolonged in his case.

Anyway, let's see....there's still a fair bit of the series to go.

Andre

International Regular
He's a human being.

It's unreasonable to expect him to perform all of the time - it's just not possible.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Well Sachin did cop a dodgy LBW decsion up at the 'Gabba.
Though still I reckon he is out of touch at the moment.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It must be really difficult for the guy.

A couple of bad knocks, a dodgy decision here and there and what does he get?

Threads on every meaningful cricket web site saying 'What's wrong with Tendulkar?'.

Give the guy a break.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Craig said:
He is currantly playing his 4th Test this year. Be fair to him.
Y es I was going to say something very similar - 4 tests in a year hardly makes a form slump 'prolonged'......

CDAK

U19 Debutant
It is really worrying to see sachin is not scoring while others do flourish. The only reason is his lack of concentration ( ...and of course, some excellent balls).
Over the years, he had been not consistent only in one thing...being out of form. 2-3 bad innings , will fire the fighter in him.I hope it will happen here too.
But always there's a fact that Sachin is vulnerable in his first 20 balls. Try to get him early, otherwise he will you his wicket only after a100.( He is not having the Stamina of Hayden,Lara,...., that's y I said "after a 100').
2003 is bad year for the person Sachin.A lot of criticism from the people who worshiped him and his inability to score when he is expected to deliver(The WC final caused his critics to bully on him). The Ferrari scam has given him a big balck mark among Indian supporters.All media,ploiticians tried to embarass Sachin.People ponited Steve's Charity work for the orfans and poors in India while sachin is going for luxury...
Eventhough he said it didn't affect his game, but we can observe is, it did. (Lucky that his career didn't end because of that).But he is still struggling to find the his world class talent...
(there's not a single series in which he didn't scora a 50).I hope he will come back soon.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just to re-iterate; he's playing his 4th Test of the year. He's played how many ODI's this year? I let the rest of your draw your conclusions from that.

Sachin isn't out of form; those doing the Indian programming for international cricket are WAAAAY out of form.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Wasn't he injured during the world cup and didn't he have some time off? Its not always easy to come back in international matches.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just think, all the runs India are scoring, and Tendulkar hasn't even got on the sheet yet...
Australia, be afraid, be very afraid.

Laws of numbers essentially state that it won't be long before Tendulkar starts making runs again. No disputing the fact it's been a long time since he scored a century (14 months), but he's only played 10(?) innings in that time. 4 of them were on wickets that offered the seamers so much it almost beggared belief; I didn't watch the series but I'll be surprised if he was much at fault for many of his dismissals. His form against New Zealand was surprising and he got a bad decision at The 'Gabba.
Anyway, I predict a return to the big runs (I hesitate to use the term "form") at The MCG if we get a decent deck.

Richard said:
Australia, be afraid, be very afraid.
Shut up you cynic.

Why would a team of 11 men (the best team of 11 in the world) be afraid of Sachin alone?
They would respect him as does everyone else but to be afraid of him is ludicrous.

This 'law of numbers' also suggests that if Sachin were back in the runs then someone else isn't.
Ganguly and Dravid are not always going to be scoring centuries either.

Originally posted by Richard
I hesitate to use the term "form"
Next time hesitate to say anything at all.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There are still runs to come from Chopra and Sehwag!:D
And who's to say Ganguly, Laxman and Dravid aren't going to have sensational series.
Still, it will probably all change when McGrath reappears.
And I suggest you always hesitate to speak, or type. Then say something sensible.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shut up you cynic.

Word of advice; leave the moderating to the moderators, okay? There was NOTHING wrong with what Richard said and a hell of a lot wrong with what you said.

We don't need stuff like "Next time hesitate to say something at all" here.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
furious_ged said:
Shut up you cynic.

Why would a team of 11 men (the best team of 11 in the world) be afraid of Sachin alone?
They would respect him as does everyone else but to be afraid of him is ludicrous.

This 'law of numbers' also suggests that if Sachin were back in the runs then someone else isn't.
Ganguly and Dravid are not always going to be scoring centuries either.

Next time hesitate to say anything at all.
Jeez mate - how many times do I have to ask you?

Don't attack forum members!!!!

jagaways

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yeah! stop attacking forum members u stupid fool! wat type of idiotic loser would do THAT?!
lol jkz

CDAK

U19 Debutant
jagaways said:
yeah! stop attacking forum members u stupid fool! wat type of idiotic loser would do THAT?!
lol jkz
Sure u have a nice talent of making things lighter..:duh: :) :)

CDAK said:
Sure u have a nice talent of making things lighter..:duh: :) :)
I think you missed Jagaway's point, CDAK. :lol:

Top_Cat, whether there was anything wrong with what Richard said is a matter of opinion. I thought there was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.