• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Best Bowling Action

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Boje
Lillee
Botham
Klusener

I don't actually think Boje had a better looking action than Lillee but it's a bit of tactical voting, lets say.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And the winners & through to the next round are......

Total points:

Lillee - 34 points
Botham - 27
Boje - 19
Kluesner - 13

Dennis Lillee

&

Ian Botham

Boje & Kluesner eliminated

thierry henry

International Coach
Did Lillee's action get more aesthetically pleasing as he got older and bowled slower? It looks a bit rushed with less of a jump in the early 70s.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Warne
Walsh
Pattinson
Hooper

Warne had pretty much the perfect action for leg-breaks and Courtney had a wonderful, rangy, loose-limbed elegance about him.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Warne's action was beautiful but I definitely wouldn't say it's the model leg-break action for kids. Relies on sheer power through the shoulder and wrist, MacGill utilised run-up speed much better.

Regardless,
Warne
Patto
Walsh
Hooper

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I realise the battle is over and it doesn't really matter, but this makes no sense to me - I was giving 4 points to Lillee, 3 to Botham and 1.5 each to the other two.
Yeah 1.5 each is fine and makes sense. I wasn't sure that's what you were implying. It's still allocating 10 points across 4 players, so all good.