• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No 2015 Boxing Day test? Is that right?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Dean Jones wrote an article in The Age today, about the Boxing Day test, and how there wont be one in 2015 due to the world cup the previous summer. WTF? World Cup is in February/March, India tours here that 2014/15 summer, I asked Deano on twitter, he confirmed no boxing day test. Seems not right at all to me......:wacko:

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
But did you know that if you pull out $25 million to play on Boxing Day, it will solve all the problems that the Boxing Day Test has been having?

robelinda

from chatting to dean on twitter, he seems to think that after the middle of 2016, there is no future tours program, that will be drawn up, so summer 2016/17 summer is non-existent he thinks, hence no boxing day test 2016. What is Deano smoking??? Surely the FTP will be written up by then, as if there will be no more boxing day tests after 2015.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
from chatting to dean on twitter, he seems to think that after the middle of 2016, there is no future tours program, that will be drawn up, so summer 2016/17 summer is non-existent he thinks, hence no boxing day test 2016. What is Deano smoking??? Surely the FTP will be written up by then, as if there will be no more boxing day tests after 2015.
Pretty sure the FTP exists until 2020 ftr.

robelinda

Pretty sure the FTP exists until 2020 ftr.
yeah im sure it is too, but ICC site has series listed only until mid 2016. people are confused today, for sure, why would Jones say no boxing day test in 2015?? just weird. :blink:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
yeah im sure it is too, but ICC site has series listed only until mid 2016. people are confused today, for sure, why would Jones say no boxing day test in 2015?? just weird. :blink:
Unless it's changed in the last week, there's a FTP up until season 2019/20 on cricinfo.

uvelocity

International Coach
I don't think a joke about Madras and Dean Jones will ever fail to make me laugh
Dean Jones goes to Madras vegetable shop and asks
"eppadimma Keerai?"
kaigari vikkarava says:
"naan nallaththan keeran. nee eppadi keerai". ?!?!?!!
I have no idea what that means

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
6 home tests against NZ and West Indies are due for 2015/2016 (followed by 7 ODI's & 2 T20I's at home against India....) .

For 2016/17 the schedule has us playing South Africa first (3 tests) then Pakistan (3 tests), similar to this summer, followed by ODI's vs Pakistan and then NZ.

Of course the FTP doesn't mean much on paper.