• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Junaid Khan vs Mohammad Amir

Xuhaib

International Coach
A different comparison thread.

Both Junaid and Amir started around the same time played a lot of junior cricket together and rose through the ranks together with Junaid always being considered as an Amir-lite. Amir was seen as a blue eyed boy since the U-15 days and was always considered to be destined for big things while Juanid was among a bunch of young bowlers with potential to play international cricket if he keeps improving. However after what happened in England 2 years back Junaid was given the promotion over other young seamers as Pakistan got desperate to fill the void left by Amir.

Junaid has now been on the international scent for almost 2 years which is double the time Amir was around on the international scene. So given what we have seen what do people think about him how he compares to his much highly rated compatriot? will he able to reach the heights that Pakistan and world cricket expected from Amir ?

ajdude

International Coach
well amir's only 17 atm so he certainly has more upside to come

but really junaid impressed me yesterday, unlucky to not take more wickets

ajdude

International Coach
well i thought he was 15 at first but i did some counting and in pakistan 1992 to 2012 is 17 so yeah

Teja.

Global Moderator
The thing I like most about Junaid is that he has had a county stint with Lancs and a good amount of FC experience behind him, separating him from most of the other u-25 bowlers.

He's 23, looks the goods, has 240 FC wickets @ 21.5 in FC cricket, has started out test cricket so far extremely well and has only one direction his performances can go on.

**** I envy Pakistan. How many awesome pace bowling prospects do they have?

smash84

The Tiger King
Junaid seems much more of a hard worker so he seems a better prospect to me.

Will always get the feeling that Amir wants to find shortcuts in life.

Would rate Junaid higher

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The thing I like most about Junaid is that he has had a county stint with Lancs and a good amount of FC experience behind him, separating him from most of the other u-25 bowlers.

He's 23, looks the goods, has 240 FC wickets @ 21.5 in FC cricket, has started out test cricket so far extremely well and has only one direction his performances can go on.

**** I envy Pakistan. How many awesome pace bowling prospects do they have?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Amir was ****ing awesome.

Better than Boult, Starc, Junaid, any of the other left armers by a country mile.

What a shame.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Junaid is luckier as far as who is the skipper of the side he plays in :dry: