• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Junaid Khan vs Mohammad Amir

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Junaid has the benefit of not being a silly ****, Amir was really awesome to watch though, I felt like he was capable of everything as a fast bowler.

Amir will be 23 when his ban ends so could still potentially have a full career

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
23 on his cricinfo page anyway.

Will Amir be welcomed back into Pakistan cricket? I can't imagine forgiving an Australian player found guilty of spot fixing.

Xuhaib

International Coach

Will Amir be welcomed back into Pakistan cricket? I can't imagine forgiving an Australian player found guilty of spot fixing.
Pakistan is one of the most corrupt nations in the world will not be surprised but I think 5 years away from the game may seriously harm his skills set.

Top_Cat

Amir is a Wasim-esque talent, Junaid is really quite good though and I'll be surprised if he doesn't have a top Test career. Gets great movement, good strong action so I reckon he won't be injured too often.

Having both would be ideal, obv, but one wonders about about how much the baggage Amir brings would negatively affect the team. My point is, I guess, should Pakistan be desperate enough to pick Amir when you have Junaid instead? Don't think Pakistan will lose much by picking him over Amir if the supports are good.

Last edited:

Daemon

Judging by youtube comments, I most definitely think so.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Tough to compare them..In terms of ability, Amir>every fast bowler in the world today except Steyn

As far as Junaid is concerned, and this might have something to do with the fact that he was never really the blue eyed boy and next Wasim Akram on the scene like Amir..he has a tremendous work ethic and attitude towards the game..the way he runs in, his body language on the field, his perseverance..add that to reasonable talent and ability, and he should have a tremendous career..
Having said that, problem with Junaid is team management..he has been playing international cricket for 2 years now but has been regular? they keep dropping him for no reason for the likes of Cheemas and Tanvir Ahmeds and Sohail Tanveers... He should have been opening the bowling with Umar Gul from the South Africa series of 2010, right after the Amir-Asif debacle.
He should have played the World Cup, West Indies series and the England series.

In other words, he should have been what Umar Gul is at the moment for Pakistan, the one fast bowler we cannot drop no matter how crap he is from time to time..

I am particularly glad now that he has won Pakistan the series in India, hopefully this will do wonders for his career and the team management and captain Uncle will realize Junaid can be far greater match winning bowler than not just Umar Gul but most of the other fast bowlers in the world today..he needs to be a regular in the team..all the other fast bowlers including Gul should be fighting to retain their spots.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

how about forgiving players found guilty of selling information to book makers..and the same said player later being found guilty of performance enhancing drugs?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Tough to compare them..In terms of ability, Amir>every fast bowler in the world today except Steyn

As far as Junaid is concerned, and this might have something to do with the fact that he was never really the blue eyed boy and next Wasim Akram on the scene like Amir..he has a tremendous work ethic and attitude towards the game..the way he runs in, his body language on the field, his perseverance..add that to reasonable talent and ability, and he should have a tremendous career..
Having said that, problem with Junaid is team management..he has been playing international cricket for 2 years now but has been regular? they keep dropping him for no reason for the likes of Cheemas and Tanvir Ahmeds and Sohail Tanveers... He should have been opening the bowling with Umar Gul from the South Africa series of 2010, right after the Amir-Asif debacle.
He should have played the World Cup, West Indies series and the England series.

In other words, he should have been what Umar Gul is at the moment for Pakistan, the one fast bowler we cannot drop no matter how crap he is from time to time..

I am particularly glad now that he has won Pakistan the series in India, hopefully this will do wonders for his career and the team management and captain Uncle will realize Junaid can be far greater match winning bowler than not just Umar Gul but most of the other fast bowlers in the world today..he needs to be a regular in the team..all the other fast bowlers including Gul should be fighting to retain their spots.
I think he has officially sealed his spot, unless he does something really stupid or regresses as a bowler like Gul (I doubt this will happen since in his very short career he has learnt more tricks than Gul will ever be able to).

Top_Cat

LOL ok.

Sorry didn't mean to shatter any illusions.. you can forget I said that.

Ignorance is short term bliss but denial is eternal :)
Don't patronise me. Warne was never found guilty of taking performance-enhancing drugs. That's the difference between he and Amir; Amir went to court, went through the process and was convicted for what he did. The rest is hyperbole, speculation and/or pointless.

Frankly, I don't give a **** about Warne and there's no doubting he's a doucheknuckle but those are the facts.

Kirkut

International Regular
Aamir is faster, he can get his pace upto 147 - 149 kph. Junaid is relatively slower who's quickest ball is around 143 kph.

Let's hope Junaid Khan has a great cricket career ahead, the sport desperately needs greats.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Pakistan may find some quick bowlers that make amir surplus to requirements in the next few years.

To me I have been burnt by enough talented but flawed Pakistani players to really really really appreciate the benefit
Of having level headed player's.

Junaid is a bonus because he is both talented and seems sensible.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I still sigh in disappointment when i think about the kid Amir, what a brilliant talent he was, just fantastic to watch and imo the greatest bowling talent to emerge in the last ten years or so, Junaid hasn't even got half the ability Amir had imo, he was killing teams aged 18 so one could only imagine what he'd be doing now if he never got involved in that sillyness.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
I still sigh in disappointment when i think about the kid Amir, what a brilliant talent he was, just fantastic to watch and imo the greatest bowling talent to emerge in the last ten years or so, Junaid hasn't even got half the ability Amir had imo, he was killing teams aged 18 so one could only imagine what he'd be doing now if he never got involved in that sillyness.
A tad harsh in junaid.

He has had a pretty good start to an on off test career, and has generally impressed.

I also dont think amir was that far ahead of Junaid.