Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Junaid Khan vs Mohammad Amir

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Tough to compare them..In terms of ability, Amir>every fast bowler in the world today except Steyn

As far as Junaid is concerned, and this might have something to do with the fact that he was never really the blue eyed boy and next Wasim Akram on the scene like Amir..he has a tremendous work ethic and attitude towards the game..the way he runs in, his body language on the field, his perseverance..add that to reasonable talent and ability, and he should have a tremendous career..
    Having said that, problem with Junaid is team management..he has been playing international cricket for 2 years now but has been regular? they keep dropping him for no reason for the likes of Cheemas and Tanvir Ahmeds and Sohail Tanveers... He should have been opening the bowling with Umar Gul from the South Africa series of 2010, right after the Amir-Asif debacle.
    He should have played the World Cup, West Indies series and the England series.

In other words, he should have been what Umar Gul is at the moment for Pakistan, the one fast bowler we cannot drop no matter how crap he is from time to time..

I am particularly glad now that he has won Pakistan the series in India, hopefully this will do wonders for his career and the team management and captain Uncle will realize Junaid can be far greater match winning bowler than not just Umar Gul but most of the other fast bowlers in the world today..he needs to be a regular in the team..all the other fast bowlers including Gul should be fighting to retain their spots.
    I think he has officially sealed his spot, unless he does something really stupid or regresses as a bowler like Gul (I doubt this will happen since in his very short career he has learnt more tricks than Gul will ever be able to).

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    LOL ok.

Sorry didn't mean to shatter any illusions.. you can forget I said that.

Ignorance is short term bliss but denial is eternal
    Don't patronise me. Warne was never found guilty of taking performance-enhancing drugs. That's the difference between he and Amir; Amir went to court, went through the process and was convicted for what he did. The rest is hyperbole, speculation and/or pointless.

Frankly, I don't give a **** about Warne and there's no doubting he's a doucheknuckle but those are the facts.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Aamir is faster, he can get his pace upto 147 - 149 kph. Junaid is relatively slower who's quickest ball is around 143 kph.

Let's hope Junaid Khan has a great cricket career ahead, the sport desperately needs greats.

U19 Cricketer
    Pakistan may find some quick bowlers that make amir surplus to requirements in the next few years.

To me I have been burnt by enough talented but flawed Pakistani players to really really really appreciate the benefit
    Of having level headed player's.

Junaid is a bonus because he is both talented and seems sensible.

International Regular WindieWeathers's Avatar
    I still sigh in disappointment when i think about the kid Amir, what a brilliant talent he was, just fantastic to watch and imo the greatest bowling talent to emerge in the last ten years or so, Junaid hasn't even got half the ability Amir had imo, he was killing teams aged 18 so one could only imagine what he'd be doing now if he never got involved in that sillyness.
    One day world cup winners- Champions trophy winners- T20 world cup winners- 29 test series without defeat record- Highest run chase in test history record and some think we're minnows? :P

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    I still sigh in disappointment when i think about the kid Amir, what a brilliant talent he was, just fantastic to watch and imo the greatest bowling talent to emerge in the last ten years or so, Junaid hasn't even got half the ability Amir had imo, he was killing teams aged 18 so one could only imagine what he'd be doing now if he never got involved in that sillyness.
    A tad harsh in junaid.

He has had a pretty good start to an on off test career, and has generally impressed.

I also dont think amir was that far ahead of Junaid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information