• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Guards of Honour

stumpski

International Captain
Better saved for the second innings, surely - unless Sri Lanka were expecting to lose by an innings, as England were in 1948 (we'd just been rolled for 52, so it was a reasonable assumption). And more appropriate for someone who's played at least 100 Tests, although clearly a matter for the fielding side.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Received two in fact. One from South Africa in his last Test, and then received one from Zimbabwe in his final ODI and international appearance in cricket.
I thought the ODI appearance came during the WC which was before his final Test.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Has there been many greats who played their last Test match against Australia over the past 20 years AND announced retirement before the Test? I can't think of any at all.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
at least I think he did. looking at his cricinfo photo album he got this from aus

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was thinking that, although that looks like Lee
Yep, looks like Twatto is at what would've been 1st slip. Don't think he'd be fielding there.

Not to mention he was walking in to face Krejza.

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Has there been many greats who played their last Test match against Australia over the past 20 years AND announced retirement before the Test? I can't think of any at all.
Gooch and Gatting both did so during their last Test in 1995, IIRC. Gatt might not qualify as a 'great' but both got a GOH (and both dismissed cheaply).

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
got a guard of honour...from his own teammates
Same With Steve Waugh along with the 2 batsman, i think -

Many of the Indian team just shook his hand when he got out IIRC. Strange that they didn't give him a guard of honor when he was batting last.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
at least I think he did. looking at his cricinfo photo album he got this from aus

Don't think he got one while coming onto bat. Got one coming out to field from his own teammates and batsman iirc.

Last edited: