Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP SL cricket thread

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar

SL cricket Doom and Gloom thread

Lets face it guys. Things are a complete and utter shambles here.

I know on the face of things NZ look pretty bad as well, but honestly its SL I'm really concerned about.

I genuinely think the SLCB has done irreparable damage to their cricket. They had a golden generation and every kid in the country wanted to be Murali or Jayasuria, but the board didn't invest a dime into the sport on a grass-roots level. Its pretty easy to see what the problem with SL cricket is. Elitism on a massive scale.

Almost every professional player is coming from the same elite group of schools (AKA where rich kids go), as nowhere else seems to have any actual facilities or coaching. This has screwed them massively, and if they couldn't invest in grass routes when the sport was strong, I only see things getting worse.

Can see SL being below Bangladesh on the global cricket scale within three years. And I don't know what anyone can do about it. **** is sad tbh
    Last edited by NasserFan207; 04-01-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: changing title
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Isn't cricket the number one sport there? They'll recover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Isn't cricket the number one sport there? They'll recover.
    Its not about that though. probably 99% of the kids over there have no chance of ever playing the sport professionally due to the board's antics.

Its a disgrace. They are worse than the PCB, WICB, and NZCB all tied into one

teams that rely on unique outrageous talents rather then a good system will have long barren periods case in point Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    teams that rely on unique outrageous talents rather then a good system will have long barren periods case in point Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
    Such a typical Pakistan fan post lol. Your team has been at least decent/mediocre since forever.

No, SL cricket is in real trouble right now. Particularly in tests. Its bad for the game as a whole
    Last edited by NasserFan207; 03-01-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Lankans don't seem to have the same respect for tests.

Main thing I hope is that they don't come here as anything but the undercard in future.

ODIs fine but they have made the best part of our summer lacklustre because of their ****eness.

Yeah this has to be just regarding Tests as they are still a terrific short format team.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    They're good in test cricket, they've just come up against a great Australian side this summer.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    They're good in test cricket, they've just come up against a great Australian side this summer.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    Lankans don't seem to have the same respect for tests.

Main thing I hope is that they don't come here as anything but the undercard in future.

ODIs fine but they have made the best part of our summer lacklustre because of their ****eness.
    Aww diddums.

Why don't Australia ever tour other countries during Boxing Day / NY then? This post shows you as a selfish, arrogant self-entitled ****wit who thinks the world revolves around you.

I bet you're also on here complaining how the BCCI is ruining the game by chasing money? Well what do you think CA do with Boxing Day / NY? Do they give a **** about other countries? don't think so. Don't hear you whinging about that do we?

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    But is this a great Aussie side?

Actually wouldn't mind if we toured SA on BD. We would get to see it at prime time and could play some Big Bash or Shield cricket during the day. Massive crowds turn up here though and they deserve a decent spectacle.

We tour SL in their season. The point is it's disappointing to have sub-standard opposition during the highlight of our cricket calendar. It's been the mid-nineties since they last toured. They were pox then and it led to a changing of the rules for bowlers.

Quote Originally Posted by netmatrix View Post
    Aww diddums.

Why don't Australia ever tour other countries during Boxing Day / NY then? This post shows you as a selfish, arrogant self-entitled ****wit who thinks the world revolves around you.

I bet you're also on here complaining how the BCCI is ruining the game by chasing money? Well what do you think CA do with Boxing Day / NY? Do they give a **** about other countries? don't think so. Don't hear you whinging about that do we?
    CSA were bitching that they didn't get their own boxing day test if they toured here, that's cool. difference here is they ditched it for a t20 vs NZ, are you gonna call all saffas 'selfish, arrogant self-entitled ****wits' too?
    Last edited by ajdude; 03-01-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by netmatrix View Post
    Aww diddums.

Because we get the most money out of Boxing Day / NY tests?

Also, unlike some nations, we actually schedule tests around this period.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    briony you're a terrible poster i hope you know that

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information