• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst fielder atm in international cricket

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I say Ashish Nehra.....

If anyone could contend with Ashish for this honour, I'd sure like to hear his name.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reon King was pretty bad when he was around. McCullum has dropped a few sitters, but is not the worst overall.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yep, no doubt Ashish Nehra

Strange though, he's not very fat or unfit, but i just think he is lazy.

He's a guy who is pretty bad, but no doubt can improve.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Agreed, Nehra is pretty shocking, but could definately improve. I agree hes just a bit lazy, nothing to do with his coordination or reflexes (although, if I were captain I wouldnt put him in slip lol:rolleyes: )

Andre

International Regular
Ok.

I'm getting sick of all these negative threads. Stop creating them please - it gives off a bad impression to all.

Cheers,

Andre.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andre said:
Ok.

I'm getting sick of all these negative threads. Stop creating them please - it gives off a bad impression to all.

Cheers,

Andre.
Don't close it yet Andre. I forgot to mention Rhodes, Gibbs and Pickup.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
whats wrong with this thread Andre? It being 'negative' firstly does not make sense and secondly there is nothing wrong with it. Is there are rule on cricketweb that 'negative' sounding threads are not allowed?

Phil Tufnell used to be pretty bad, and so was Saeed Anwar. Also, Imran Khan.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
This is a cricket forum right...? We have to discuss everything positive and negative! Pls don't moderate everything.

VVS Laxman (as good a batter he is), still fields very badly. He dropped 4 (or was it 5) catches in that finall game of the TVS cup

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Worst fielder? Ganguly. I doubt Nehra will ever get close to Sourav in this respect.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Don't close it yet Andre. I forgot to mention Rhodes, Gibbs and Pickup.
*Takes this as a compliment*

My fielding is on the inconsistent side of variable.

Harmison's a bit of a donkey.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
Spot on but only on ground fielding
I've seen him running around under skiers with his hands outstreched in front of him with his fingers pointing up in the air and then missing the ball by miles. His general fielding in England a few years ago was worse than appauling, and we had Nehra there too...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
S Harmison
and Shaun pollock :!(
Agreed on Harmison. It's not because of his height though, I'm around his height and I still try and stop every ball, even if it means diving or going to ground because it saves time.

Polly, I've seen him pull off some good throws to run people out. Wouldn't say he's the worst.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think Pollock is down to a certain person being in a Lara-drop-related temper tantrum, isn't it Richie? ;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
I think Pollock is down to a certain person being in a Lara-drop-related temper tantrum, isn't it Richie? ;)
Didn't know Mr Benaud visited these forums...