• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ Quiz roughly from the 1980s

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Right submit your answers for all 10 questions for me to score them rather than just answering one or two questions. I will give you your score out of 10 but to make it interesting I won't tell you which ones you got wrong (you will have to compare your answers against others). Oh and no googling..

1) How many 5 wicket bags did Hadlee end up with
a) 36
b) 31
c) 26
d) 41

2) On the day that Lance Cairns smoked 6 sixes on his way to a legendary 52 off 25 balls who opened the batting for Australia.

3) When Hadlee took 9/52 how exactly was Hilditch dismissed.

4) ODI no. 654 | 1990/91 season Played at Bellerive Oval, Hobart 18 December 1990 (50-over match).
NZ won by one run with Chris Pringle bowling the last over - what number did Dean Jones bat?

5) Which Australian player protested the under arm bowl decision as it happened according to the commentators?

6) How many runs did Crowe make in the bushfire appeal game 17 Mar 1983
a) 30 odd
b) 40 odd
c) 50 odd
d) 60 odd

7) IAN BOTHAM RUNS OUT GEOFF BOYCOTT- 2nd test vs NZ 1978 Christchurch - YouTube What was roughly Boycott's SR in that inning
a) 10
b) 20
c) 30
d) 40

8) How many runs did Howarth make in his last test inning before being dropped
a) a duck
b) 30 odd
c) 40 odd
d) 80 odd
e) a century

9) Who had the better ODI econ rate Chatfield or Larsen?

10) True of False Craig McDermott had his worst bowlng average vs all countries against NZ

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Sheer guesswork:

Taylor
c. Hadlee
Benaud
40 odd
a century
Chatfield
True
Thanks for playing 1/10 - I will comment that although I said I wouldn't comment on individual answers - I will say that I wanted more detail than "caught Hadlee" for the how was Hilditch dismissed.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
yeah im guessing

1. 36

2. smith & wood

3. out hooking

4. jones batted at 4

5. marsh

6. 60 odd

7. 20

8. 80 odd

9. chatfield

10. false

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't look like we'll get any more entries so the ones you missed were
Jones batted at 6 iirc they played around with the batting order to give the other guys a bat and it backfired.

Boycott's SR was 32 in that game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm surprised there are 10 pro-NZ cricketing facts available to make up this quiz.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm surprised there are 10 pro-NZ cricketing facts available to make up this quiz.
My next quiz will be negative facts about Australian Fast bowlers

Expect such beauts as

Who did Merv Hughes spit on?
Which English Cricketer did Merv verbally assault on the grounds he was good.
How many four letter words did McDermott average per over?
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why do you think I would find the thought of such a quiz in anyway an insult?