• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mike Hussey to retire at end of summer.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bring back Punter! But seriously this is cray-cray, but in some ways he leaves on his own terms which is always good.

ajdude

International Coach
thought the **** would play in his 40s tbh, he looked like he was really enjoying his cricket as of late

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How in the wide world are the Aussies going to replace him? Not the right time to go, to be honest.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
It is a real shock to see him go, I would have thought for sure that he would have hung around until the end of next summer. Still he deserves a lot of respect for going out on his own terms before all the talk of dropping him starts (ala with Ponting) and giving Khawaja, Maxwell and others a huge opportunity.

Perhaps somebody else could follow by example

*cough*Tendulkar*cough*

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why? He looks like he enjoys cricket, he's not out of form and we still need his batting.

Pretty major day for departures.

Burgey

FMD. Last time we had such an unestablished batting line up was the 1980s. It's time some of these young blokes really laid down a marker or two.

Step up, ****s.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
That is a major surprise. Was just reading some article about his bowling workload being reduced.

A very good player and great attitude. Loved watching him play.

Burgey

Also, I would like to think he'd scheduled this announcement before the news of Greig's death came through. If not, his timing is pretty unfortunate tbh.

watson

Banned
The pressure on Watson to succeed has just increased 10 fold.

The next most senior batsman after Watson is Warner and he's only been playing for about 2 minutes.This is not good.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Didn't he miss part of a tour this year because of an ill child?

I wonder if he looked all the travel next year - India, Champions Trophy, England - and decided he simply can't spend that much time away from home.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Obviously not great for the team but this is a retirement I can really respect. Hell of a guy, this Hussey bloke.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clearly a **** you to the selectors for taking so long to pick him in the first place.

But seriously, FMD. Guess it's better to go out on top, but jeez.