Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Hussey to retire at end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    Will be huge loss for AUS.Now they have one genuinely great batsmen in the side and that's about it really.
    Its not about how many great batsmen there are, it's whether the other guys contribute

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    Now, the ashes series in England will just be a formality really.

Can see Australia getting hammered.

It will all come down to the series in Aus.

I reckon Australia's quicks are a bit better than Anderson, Finn and co atm, will give more than a few headaches, I can see Bird doing well in England and Pattinson is probably the best young bowler in the world imo.....

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    It's not like England have a settled top 6 either.

Cook chooses himself, but even KP has a few lingering doubts regarding the unpleasantness. Bell and Trott are givens but both needed the tons in the 4th in India to nail things down.

Compton has done enough for another go, but doesn't look a player for the ages and, impressive as Root's debut was, it was just that.

Still, fair bit of cricket for both sides before things get warm.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Who now? Quiney to get a proper go? Doolan?
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy View Post
    Who now? Quiney to get a proper go? Doolan?
    Well Usman will have to get first go, given he was first in line to replace an injured Clarke.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Barring injury or some ****, fairly sure the top seven for India will be

Warner
    Cowan
    Hughes
    Watson+Clarke (in some order)
    Khawaja
    Wade

I simply do not think that, given that we have to find three long-term middle order bats right now, that experimenting with Maxwell is a good idea in the slightest. Khawaja, then Doolan IMO if he continues to score a few in the second half of the Shield season. Quiney looks in pretty rubbish nick now, so we can forget him.

Whether that remains the top six will have a lot to do with the Indian bowling which, as we all know, is a bit ****. So a decent possibility that that's the top six going into the Ashes - barring injury, of course.
    Last edited by Spark; 29-12-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

See for me Khawaja at 6 is going to be pretty frustrating. He is known for his inability to rotate the strike so I think its probably the worst position in the order to have someone with that trait. At least if he was at 3 or 4 he'd at least be taking the shine of the new ball. I hope he bats 4 at the SCG.

Also, if Watson stops bowling, none of the batsman will be bowling any seam up - Wade will have to bowl from time to time.

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    A bit of a shock, thought Hussey would play the Ashes
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    See for me Khawaja at 6 is going to be pretty frustrating. He is known for his inability to rotate the strike so I think its probably the worst position in the order to have someone with that trait. At least if he was at 3 or 4 he'd at least be taking the shine of the new ball. I hope he bats 4 at the SCG.

Also, if Watson stops bowling, none of the batsman will be bowling any seam up - Wade will have to bowl from time to time.
    Well really the strongest batting line-up Aus could field (and which is possible. Sorry Katich and Rogers) probably contains Haddin and Wade at 6 & 7, but whether....

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Two very sad and surprising departures today. I'm stunned he didn't want one last crack at England home and away, but I guess you know when you don't want it anymore.

I'll miss you Huss, I always loved your enthusiasm and character.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post

Khawaja bowls seam up as well.

If they don't want to consider Cosgrove. Batting Hughes at six wouldn't be the worst option. I reckon his technique wouldn't be as exposed at six, if you take him away from the new ball completely.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Well really the strongest batting line-up Aus could field (and which is possible. Sorry Katich and Rogers) probably contains Haddin and Wade at 6 & 7, but whether....
    Only good thing about that is it solves the issue of not having a medium pacer capable of bowling as Hads could take the gloves.

Honestly though I can't see it happening, the experience that he would provide would come in handy though IMO.

Siddle is a chance of becoming vice captain IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Khawaja bowls seam up as well.

If they don't want to consider Cosgrove. Batting Hughes at six wouldn't be the worst option. I reckon his technique wouldn't be as exposed at six, if you take him away from the new ball completely.
    My bad, thought he just bowled a bit of spin.

Yeah Hughes could potentially make six his own, but there really isn't any good reason to drop him further down the order just to bring a top order bat - Usman will just have to learn how to rotate the strike a bit more if he is the chosen one or someone else will be given the opportunity.

Oh man no **** no. I feel sick. This is ****. What ate you doing Huss you can't do this
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    man, it was bad when it was 3/40 and Clare & Hussey had to guide us to 3/400, but geez next Ashes i can see the 5th test in my mind- 5 tests and every single one being 3/40 then all out 200.
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information