Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Mike Hussey to retire at end of summer.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    I believe so. I reckon he, McGrath and Langer would have called it quits if they'd won in 2005. Would have been quite interesting to know how the 2006/7 series would have gone had that been the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

5-0 aus
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Yeah, he's no Suresh Raina as a Test player, that's for sure.
    Nice, so I point out Hussey's poor TEST record in Eng (7 tests), SA (8 tests), WI (6 tests), NZ (2 tests) and you compare him RAINA (the slogger) of all people. WoW !!

Only thing Raina has in common with Hussey is he is also a leftie and equally good fielder. Thats all. He might go on to average more than Hussey in ODI WORLD Cups (19 is not that difficult to beat you see) but thats where the story will end.

People defending Hussey's record in Eng/SA/WI because 'poor form/ lack of tests' in these countries - Give me a break. 15 tests combined in Eng+SA are more than enough to judge. I will give NZ because only 2 test series. Wi was hard to understand though. But by similar logic in making excuses, one can then go on to say Hussey averaged 90 in SL in his only test series in 2011 because SL didn't had MURALI and even MENDIS who had just taken a 6fer vs Aus in T20 and got injured before test series (which I DON"T believe)

I still think Huseey was a superb player of spin bowling everywhere including in Asia but he more or less struggled against quality swing bowling in helpful conditions (all top players would struggle there too, Hussey struggled more )

Take a look. He scores @90 vs SL in SL in 2011. Good form? Yes -> Goes to SA straight away and scores nothing in 2 tests (2011, where even Shaun Marsh scored some runs of all people) Bad form ? eh !! Comes back to Aus, struggles vs NZ EVEN AT HOME because ball swung a lot more at Gabba and Hobart (again Bad form?) . Indian bowling in sights, Huseey cashes in!!

IMO his retirement was the best decision for Aus also in long run. Nice time to groom a youngster in India (not a daunting place anymore, no bowlers actually and batsman are sleeping since 2Apr-2011 to give any scoreboard pressure) before going to Ashes.
    Last edited by say2chintu; 10-01-2013 at 01:37 PM.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Just who are you arguing against? No one denies Hussey's poorer record away compared to home. People were bagging the other dood because he said Huss should've retired back in '09.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by say2chintu View Post
    Nice, so I point out Hussey's poor TEST record in Eng (7 tests), SA (8 tests), WI (6 tests), NZ (2 tests) and you compare him RAINA (the slogger) of all people. WoW !!

Only thing Raina has in common with Hussey is he is also a leftie and equally good fielder. Thats all. He might go on to average more than Hussey in ODI WORLD Cups (19 is not that difficult to beat you see) but thats where the story will end.

People defending Hussey's record in Eng/SA/WI because 'poor form/ lack of tests' in these countries - Give me a break. 15 tests combined in Eng+SA are more than enough to judge. I will give NZ because only 2 test series. Wi was hard to understand though. But by similar logic in making excuses, one can then go on to say Hussey averaged 90 in SL in his only test series in 2011 because SL didn't had MURALI and even MENDIS who had just taken a 6fer vs Aus in T20 and got injured before test series (which I DON"T believe)

I still think Huseey was a superb player of spin bowling everywhere including in Asia but he more or less struggled against quality swing bowling in helpful conditions (all top players would struggle there too, Hussey struggled more )

Take a look. He scores @90 vs SL in SL in 2011. Good form? Yes -> Goes to SA straight away and scores nothing in 2 tests (2011, where even Shaun Marsh scored some runs of all people) Bad form ? eh !! Comes back to Aus, struggles vs NZ EVEN AT HOME because ball swung a lot more at Gabba and Hobart (again Bad form?) . Indian bowling in sights, Huseey cashes in!!

IMO his retirement was the best decision for Aus also in long run. Nice time to groom a youngster in India (not a daunting place anymore, no bowlers actually and batsman are sleeping since 2Apr-2011 to give any scoreboard pressure) before going to Ashes.
    Murali had nothing against Australia anyway, but I'm happy to downplay subcontinental records if you want to.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information