• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tony Greig RIP

Spark

Global Moderator
Former England Captain and Channel 9 commentator Tony Greig has passed away after being diagnosed with lung cancer.
Wow. That's a real shock, far quicker than I expected. RIP.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:(

RIP

Felt like he was commentating till very recently, this is quite surprising.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very sad news. A great servant of the game.

Last edited:

JBMAC

State Captain
RIP....like him or loathe him he definitely brought some new dimensions to the game of cricket

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely terrible news. I never thought his illness would become this bad that quickly.

He will be missed. RIP.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Particularly bad for his younger children. I was hoping we might get to see him against in Sydney so it's a bit of a shock it's happened so quickly.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Oh man. And Bill Lawry to commentate his last match next week, will be a much more cringeworthy commentary team next summer, whichever channel shows the cricket, that is.

Satyanash89

Banned
wow what a terrible shock...
We'll never see Tendulkar bat in odis again,and now we'll never listen to the manwhose commentary made his innings even more exciting to watch.
RIP... he will be dearly missed

Last edited:

benchmark00

**** I'm flat. Absolutely shattered.

Summer won't be the same. A pioneer on and off the field, RIP.

Zinzan

Ridiculously sad news. Can't believe how quickly that happened. Wasn't he diagnosed just 2-3 months ago?

Spark

Global Moderator
Just a horrible feeling. Fixture of mine and probably most other cricket fans' summers for as long as I can remember.