• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hafeez as captain

smash84

The Tiger King
Was there really no other option than to make him captain?

Doesn't seem like somebody who would be able to inspire others around him.

Also comes under pressure very easily. Is there a better option currently?

Thoughts?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I like him TBH.

Other candidate for me would be Gul, but you guys don't seem to rate him that highly.

smash84

The Tiger King
gul is very weak mentally.....would never be able to carry himself let alone the whole team

Yas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Criteria for choosing Pakistan captain:

1) Who can speak the best English

End

Yas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Funnily enough the last captain we had who could speak the best English was Salmaan Butt...... Maybe we should just stick to a bit of Punjabi!

On a serious note I'm not sure who else could be captain?! Once Misbah goes I think Azhar Ali could make a decent test skipper in time. The ODI captaincy is another thing however, I think Hafeez is a decent stop gap as he seems like a sensible guy but yes Pakistan not really spoilt for choice at the mo!

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at the sqaud, other than Hafeez there's no suitable candidate imo. Malik and Afridi both did their part and both not in good form so that's out of question. Nasir Jamshed is the only young gun who can be relied on but I'm not sure how much captaincy he's done in youth or FC level.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just hope he doesn't stop opening the bowling just because he's captain. Easy to forget just how good he's been with the ball recently in ODIs.