• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in India

mohammad16

U19 Captain
India simply cannot have one team playing ODIs.

This current lineup is full of flat track bullies, so India can only be successful in high scoring games played on flat surfaces.

In any total below 280, India would be better suited to play more technical batsmen, but who wants the batting lineup changing drastically every other game?

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Cant stand Dhoni's attitude in interviews though, he hardly ever has a nice thing to say about Pakistan in a genuine way, its always technicalities, while Pakistani captains tend to be a lot more congratulatory.

Dravid was awesome, Ganguly wasnt bad either. Tendulkar is also a pretty stuck up nationalist.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Cant stand Dhoni's attitude in interviews though, he hardly ever has a nice thing to say about Pakistan in a genuine way, its always technicalities, while Pakistani captains tend to be a lot more congratulatory.

Dravid was awesome, Ganguly wasnt bad either. Tendulkar is also a pretty stuck up nationalist.
Woa, calm down fella. No need to take slights where none are intended. It’s easy to be congratulatory when you are doing well overall. I haven’t seen the match presentation, but I highly doubt Dhoni was slighting Pakistan. Even if he was less than congratulatory, I think it’s understandable given the tremendous pressure he’s in due to India’s recent form. As for Sachin, I’ve never seen him be anything less than nice to the opposing teams.

Anyway, great series win for Pakistan. Cricinfo pointed out that Pakistan is the only side, other than Australia, to inflict home ODI series defeats on India in the previous ten years. Love that! :)

smash84

The Tiger King
not sure about the Tendy hate but Dhoni doesn't come across as gracious at all in post match conferences and presentations. Is extremely irritating

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Woa, calm down fella. No need to take slights where none are intended. It’s easy to be congratulatory when you are doing well overall. I haven’t seen the match presentation, but I highly doubt Dhoni was slighting Pakistan. Even if he was less than congratulatory, I think it’s understandable given the tremendous pressure he’s in due to India’s recent form. As for Sachin, I’ve never seen him be anything less than nice to the opposing teams.

Anyway, great series win for Pakistan. Cricinfo pointed out that Pakistan is the only side, other than Australia, to inflict home ODI series defeats on India in the previous ten years. Love that! :)
I wasnt just referring to today, in fact today was just a typical Dhoni day at the presentation ceremony. The fact is that Dhoni is always like this, and it is a bit irritating. Not a big deal though, who cares.

And yes Tendulkars nationalism is a bit annoying. Its not Tendulkar hate, hes a great batsmen who is humble in character, but a bit too nationalistic. Hardly ever saw him offer much praise towards Pakistani players or teams, while Pakistani legends of the past do nothing but praise him nonstop. I also don't think he even mixed with Pakistani players, while most other Indian and Pakistani players have had great relationships off the field and are pretty friendly with each other.

Anyway, Dravid and Ganguly were class as spokesmen.

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Would love to be a fly on the wall in the Indian dressing room and hear what is actually being said behind the scenes. There is so much pr BS from not only the Indian players but also the commentators, you never hear genuine feelings it seems

I can't imagine Dhoni cussing out his players Alan Border style, particularly during the Tendulkar/Dravid/Laxman era where he was probably the fifth most senior player. Wonder what kind of stuff he says, if anything. Feel like India need a hardass in charge right now

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Like the idea of opening with Rahane and Pujara in ODI's.

Pujara may not be a IPL type batsman but he can score quick enough in ODI's, especially on non 400 plays 400 wickets.

But next match will see no changes probably and Gambhir/Sehwag will fire saving their places against England, where they will go onto fail again.

Rahane
Pujara
Kohli
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Raina
Tiwary
Ashwin
Bhuvneshwar
A bowler not named Dinda
Ishant

Would like to see this team on such pitches.
I've just looked up Pujara's profile on cricinfo, thinking surely he must have a poor List A average to not have been given a shot in ODIs yet.

He averages 56.

I'd love to know what the hell India base their selection on, because it makes absolutely **** all sense to me.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Same question again. How was Junaid? Was he awesome? Did he get swing or seam both ways? According to cricinfo he did but they tend to get this wrong a lot of the time.

smash84

The Tiger King
he did get a bit of movement off the surface but not quite as much. And yes he seamed it into and away from the batsman

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I've just looked up Pujara's profile on cricinfo, thinking surely he must have a poor List A average to not have been given a shot in ODIs yet.

He averages 56.

I'd love to know what the hell India base their selection on, because it makes absolutely **** all sense to me.
The reasoning is that he is defensive in Tests and has not done well in IPL, therefore he will not make the conversion from OD to ODI cricket. Such an argument makes so little sense, it boggles the mind.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
come on make it 3-0 now plz

so that the probability of gambhir, sehwag and co being dropped goes up from 20% to 25%?
(they seem to be undroppable in the eyes of the selectors)

****ing pathetic.

smash84

The Tiger King
I really don't understand why Sehwag can't be dropped?

Surely he doesn't command anywhere near the respect and stature that Sachin did. So what is holding back the selectors?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year

He averages 56.

To be fair, Pujara was out of contention for about a year and a half so he did miss potential opportunities to make strides in tests and odi's.

Also Pujara's home ground is Rajkot, that ground is THE FLATTEST deck in India. So even though I love Pujara as much as the next guy, I'd take his average with a pinch of salt.

Having said that he is making a desperate effort to get into the ODI side, and it won't be long before we see him in the side, after all, India haven't played ODI's since July/August of last year, so you can't make changes until India actually start playing a handful of games first.

The series vs England is definitely a good opportunity to get the likes of Rahane and Pujara etc in and throw out Sehwag, I think Sehwag has blown his chance in this series vs Pak

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Good one from Faking News:

After some spicy verbal conversation between players, all were ready to pack their bags to hotel. Buvaneshkumar raised his arms..

MSD: Tell me kumar..What happened?

BhuvaneshKumar: I am having a doubt since I joined the team...

MSD: Yeah tell me..

Kumar: There is always a rice sack in our dressing room..Why is that????

MSD: Hey you fool, reduce your voice..That's not a rice sack..That's our coach DUNCAN FLETCHER...

DriveClub

International Regular
Good one from Faking News:

After some spicy verbal conversation between players, all were ready to pack their bags to hotel. Buvaneshkumar raised his arms..

MSD: Tell me kumar..What happened?

BhuvaneshKumar: I am having a doubt since I joined the team...

MSD: Yeah tell me..

Kumar: There is always a rice sack in our dressing room..Why is that????

MSD: Hey you fool, reduce your voice..That's not a rice sack..That's our coach DUNCAN FLETCHER...
Is this supposed to be a joke?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
that's so bad i'm actually feeling embarrassed for you
:) I actually took it from a FB status of my friend and it had so many likes and ROFL comments.. Think it depends..Frustrated Indian fans might like the joke better than rational guys..Its more a sarcastic comment on how useless Fletcher has been so far as coach..

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I thought they wouldn't do these kinds of ads after "England ka bajay ga band fiasco" but here they are. The video looks funny now. Doing a fair bit of rounds on facebook. Although at least Dhoni can say that he himself did well. Lol @ Kohli, Gambhir, and Raina

Translates to "Pakistan is coming"

Dhoni, Gambhir, Raina, Kohli saying one by one "Let them come"

India vs Pakistan - Aane Do! (LO AA GAYA PAKISTAN) :P - YouTube