• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in India

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni Stays not out!!!!!!

You may have won the game Pakistan, but the moral and Mental win is OURS! OURS!

smash84

The Tiger King
Setting things up for the rematch 'revenge' series. Next BCCI directive is for all the retired players to come back for one big match, being trained up by a trampy short guy with heart problems and Eye of the Tiger playing in the background. India go on to conquer a black team who turned out to be actually kinda ****e and a bunch of robots with no personality. Finally Dhoni retires and goes on train up Kohli, but he ends up being an arrogant **** who turns on him.
haha.....a little too imaginative I think :p

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Where do India go now? Been a wretched few weeks and they look mentally shot.
Our team has become so ****. I can't even be ****ed posting in the match threads when it's on. It's so depressing, honestly what I'd give to have one top bowler in this team.

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah good win but givin India's form hard to make any judgement about the quality of the win anyhows a win is a win and atleast good to see younsters like Nasir and Junaid steeping up to the plate.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Not too surprised by the result, Pak's bowling attack is pretty solid, and our bowlers are crap (even though they did well today).

Drop either of Gambhir or Sehwag (preferably both). Get Rahane in as well as Manoj Tiwary.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I think I'd drop Sehwag from ODI cricket but leave him in test cricket. Gambhir I'd keep for ODI's but drop from test and T20.

smash84

The Tiger King
I'd do away with both Sehwag and Gambhir in all formats.

They need to know that they are dispensable

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag should be dropped just to make him care again. I remember how desperate he was after being out of the team for a whole year back in 2008 where he made a comeback against Australia.

Sehwag is that sort of player who does tend to get a bit casual and careless with time for whatever reason, I think just telling him "you ain't good enough" might hit him a bit... one would hope anyway.

Athough he is 34 now so I'm not sure if he has enough desire to make a proper comeback.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Like the idea of opening with Rahane and Pujara in ODI's.

Pujara may not be a IPL type batsman but he can score quick enough in ODI's, especially on non 400 plays 400 wickets.

But next match will see no changes probably and Gambhir/Sehwag will fire saving their places against England, where they will go onto fail again.

Rahane
Pujara
Kohli
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Raina
Tiwary
Ashwin
Bhuvneshwar
A bowler not named Dinda
Ishant

Would like to see this team on such pitches.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag should be dropped just to make him care again. I remember how desperate he was after being out of the team for a whole year back in 2008 where he made a comeback against Australia.

Sehwag is that sort of player who does tend to get a bit casual and careless with time for whatever reason, I think just telling him "you ain't good enough" might hit him a bit... one would hope anyway.

Athough he is 34 now so I'm not sure if he has enough desire to make a proper comeback.
If can't make a comeback, then too bad. Should call it a day..

He has lived on his reputation whole of last year and his attitude has been piss poor as well.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
On a completely different note though, how well did Sachin timed his retirement? He must be having a quiet little chuckle to himself when some people were starting to question whether it would be appropriate to pick him in ODI's before the series :laugh: