• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in India

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
We need to stop playing against Pakistan in Chennai.

Anyway Dinda gtfo, I hope Shammi Ahmed gets a chance in the next match.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
looks like someone from pakpassion posted on cricinfo

"Pakistan needs a real fast bowler who can bowl in 150s. Wat local coaches are doing in pak? Have a look around in rural pak. There must be some1 wasting his talent with tape ball cricket."

:huh:
Heard your idol Imran Khan say something to that affect. An Indian journalist asked the clichéd "how Pakistan produces fast bowlers question". Imran said it's because of the built and physique of northern Pakistanis. Those in rural areas are even better built and if he could, he would promote more cricket in rural areas. What do you have to say to that :p

smash84

The Tiger King
Heard your idol Imran Khan say something to that affect. An Indian journalist asked the clichéd "how Pakistan produces fast bowlers question". Imran said it's because of the built and physique of northern Pakistanis. Those in rural areas are even better built and if he could, he would promote more cricket in rural areas. What do you have to say to that :p
you missed the point. I should have put the 150k part in bold. We have a pretty decent crop of bowlers. Currently there is only one bowler who bowls 150+ and we are better off without him.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
How were Junaid and Irfan?

Has Junaid learnt to bring the ball back in to the right handers?
Yes. He consistently swung the ball back into Sehwag and cramped him up, and finally bowled him through the gate with one that swung in.

Had a good away swinger too.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yeah, I finally saw the wickets on YouTube. Brilliant bowling and he is a very much improved bowler from the series against Lanka (he did well there as well). He didn't have the in-swinger back then and his pace was slower. Can't wait to see him in South Africa. Also looks like an intelligent bowler (good setup to get Kohli).

Mohammad Akram has been a good choice as a bowling coach.

With Junaid improving and Pak finally finding a decent new ball partnership, Gul can now go back to his spot as a support bowler, which should improve his performance.

Bouncer

State Regular
For now Cheema, but hopefully Irfan is groomed for Tests. He seems a good prospect.
Disagree -

I dont think his fitness is yet to be good enough for ODI's let alone for tests.

Pak fans are getting way over excited about him if they think that he would be a long term (or even for more than couple of seasons) prospect for anything other than T20.

Bouncer

State Regular
I wish they never got rid of Tanvir Ahmad though. He was a good new ball bowler and did well against RSA on the flat pitches of UAE.
and then after first two good weeks of cricket against SA, he couldn't even show up (trusted for) for a second spell with half of stamina expected from an international medium pacer against NZ in early 2011....so No thanks to TA.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Disagree -

I dont think his fitness is yet to be good enough for ODI's let alone for tests.

Pak fans are getting way over excited about him if they think that he would be a long term (or even for more than couple of seasons) prospect for anything other than T20.
yup Irfan's fitness or lack of it will never let him have a significant international career.I am happy for him that he is living his dream but the reason he started organized cricket at 28 rather then 18 will stop him from having any career in formats other then twenty/20.His natural fitness is shocking and you can only afford to carry a fielder like him if he bowls like Richard Hadlee..

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Disagree -

I admit he is raw but he can be groomed into a good bowler.

smash84

The Tiger King
not a a very good article.

For e.g. Sachin Tendulkar is given as an example of shrewd captaincy :blink:

excuse me but Sachin is probably one of the worst captains I have seen.

Dhoni as captain >>>>>>>> Sachin

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man management is where he sucked. He definitely was not as defensive as Dhoni in ODIs.

Dhoni is the better captain than Sachin, yes definitely. But in this specific area of captaincy, I think current-day Dhoni is worse than Sachin.

Remember current-day Dhoni isn't the same as 07-09 Dhoni in ODIs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bowling Kohli in the 41st over really was so random. Didn't want to lose in the last over again or something? :dry:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It was a strange move.

But really, look at the bowling lineup. Not much to work with, and it was the type of game that could have gone down to the wire and he would've wanted his better bowlers taking the final over.

Honestly I disagreed with most of that article.

smash84

The Tiger King
It was a strange move.

But really, look at the bowling lineup. Not much to work with, and it was the type of game that could have gone down to the wire and he would've wanted his better bowlers taking the final over.

Honestly I disagreed with most of that article.
exactly