• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in India

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
If we are forced to play a home series in India, I think we deserve points for winning as if it's an away series and India deserves to lose points on a similar basis.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Well that's pretty weird in general, but I don't consider the UAE to be a neutral venue as such anyway. It's Pakistan's set of home venues now. Do they refuse to play in Cardiff? Bit different I know because it's the England and Wales Cricket Board now, but still. It'd be an away match for India and a home match for Pakistan AFAIC which is not a neutral venue.

It just seems to me as if they're making up excuses to not play Pakistan away from home. Definitely a fair enough call on not touring Pakistan itself, I wouldn't tour there either, but if they refuse to play in the UAE because they have a convenient policy they probably dreamed up precisely to get themselves out of that situation then that should count as a forfeit as far as the Test rankings are concerned IMO.
Knowing BCCI, it will probably have something to do with Money matters tbh and Cardiff is different as it comes under the jurisdiction of ECB anyway and not a different board like with Emirates cricket board and also a different government with different visas etc...

Agree though, that they should play on some neutral venue. If not the UAE then somewhere else, though it'd be nice to have a series in UAE as both India and Pakistan should get decent crowds and support bases there. However, BCCI maybe reluctant due to past history though.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
This series if it does happen, happen during August - one of the hottest months in UAE.

I guess India could hold the matches while Pakistan would be considered as hosts. Or South Africa or Australia. India would be ideal.

@Agent: There is no difference in points for winning/losing for home and away matches.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Him or Jadeja tbh.

BCCI seems to be backing Dhoni as captain full hog under Srinivasan, it seems.

Will be interesting what call the selectors take for AUS series and if it is vetoed again.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
no wonder....was one of the worst MOM calls ever made.

What if it actually gets dhoni's morale even lower given that he knew that he didn't perform :p
He did perform actually, not as well as some of the others but still. To be perfectly honest, Dhoni is the last person to care about these awards.

shankar

International Debutant
This should have happened before this series itself, but before any further cricket with Pakistan, two questions need to be answered: Was the decision to snap cricket ties after 26/11 wrong? If not, what has changed since then to justify going back on the decision?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Helps justify keeping him captain, i guess. Or that's the thinking atleast.

Remember it was just revealed, that Board President had vetoed Dhoni's removal.

And this implies that he might be kept captain for Australia too or that the new selectors don't want him either and Board wants to keep him.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Also, it's pretty obvious to me but any guesses as to who that commentator was who got the call ?

Said at the time that considering who was in the commentary panel, and the fact they had to decide it was a very dodgy call. Given for Captaincy part especially.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm honestly still not understanding all this captaincy talk, The only format that I feel Dhoni should genuinely step down from is T20's. He's still our best ODI bat by some distance, and a perfectly legit captain at that, he doesn't need some worthless man of the match awards to tell him that he's good.

As far as tests are concerned there can be an arguement made for his removal, but only when India find someone worthy of captaining in his place, more than half our team is sturgging to justify their place in the team (and surprisingly Dhoni isn't as bad off as some of the others) and it's simply too early for someone like Kohli to be thrown the biggest job in cricket this early, it will but unessary pressure on him if he were to get it in place of Dhoni.