• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the worst team in professional cricket?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait hold up, England are no.1 in the ODI rankings? Genuinely shocked there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wait hold up, England are no.1 in the ODI rankings? Genuinely shocked there.
Shows what a load of cobblers' awls the rankings are.

I mean, at home we're up there, haven't lost a series since (I think) the crims in 2009, but away; not so much.

Daemon

And India are 2nd in T20Is haha. Baffling, though more understandable due to the rarity of teams ever fielding full strength teams in T20s except during and in preparation for the WC.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

I mean, at home we're up there, haven't lost a series since (I think) the crims in 2009, but away; not so much.
Meh, we won last time we visited South Africa and the UAE. Only places we haven't done well are Australia and India.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, you know we were so dire in the tests versus Pakistan in the UAE I'd completely blanked that we won the one-dayers afterwards.

Think that's a "senior moment" there... :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Southern Rocks.
Yeah. Was certainly the case until very recently when they got a couple of wins, and still might be.

I'd back the Sydney Thunder to wipe the floor with them in all three formats even though the Thunder is supposed to only be a T20 side.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Good one.

Last ODI series in Asia - Pakistan 0-4 England
Last ODI series in Bangladesh - Bangladesh 0-3 England
Last ODI series in Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka 2-3 England
You do know that the UAE is not part of the SC right? I did say SC.

Plus, was referring to the 1 win and 16 losses, or something like that, that it is now in recent times against India in India. Some seriously horrendous cricket by England in those matches, painful to watch.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
England's last 2 ODI tours have been 5-0 and 5-0, and even the one in 2006 was 5-1 or 6-1 in India's favour. So yeah England haven't done too well in limited overs cricket in India. They just don't have the kind of players.

That said I do feel they will do decently this time around.

Anyhow I hope we beat them in the series to go #1 in the ODI rankings, pretty big joke that WC matches weren't given more importance points wise in the rankings or we would have been their earlier. SL and IND have been the best ODI sides over the last few years, both should have gotten more points for winning the quarter finals and semi-s in the WC IMO.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

Plus, was referring to the 1 win and 16 losses, or something like that, that it is now in recent times against India in India. Some seriously horrendous cricket by England in those matches, painful to watch.
You do know that there's more to the SC than India right? You did say SC.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
You do know that there's more to the SC than India right? You did say SC.
Well England have only played 7 matches in the last decade or so in SL against SL, of which they've won 3. And 5 against Pakistan in Pakistan, of which they've won 2 (in 2005). Nothing really to write about.

Although, I'll give you this - 6 wins and 1 loss against Bangladesh. Truly a clash of the titans.

Anyway, do think your team will do better this time around, seems a better unit imo.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hopefully, but I'm far from confident. Mind you, I wasn't confident about us even winning a game in the test series, so you never know.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well England have only played 7 matches in the last decade or so in SL against SL, of which they've won 3. And 5 against Pakistan in Pakistan, of which they've won 2 (in 2005). Nothing really to write about.

Although, I'll give you this - 6 wins and 1 loss against Bangladesh. Truly a clash of the titans.

Anyway, do think your team will do better this time around, seems a better unit imo.

England in limited overs in the SC is quite possibly the worst cricket you will get out of a team.

With India's test team abroad, over the past 1.5 years, being a distant second.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Doesn't really though. England haven't actually lost that many series in the last 4 years.

We're perceived as being worse than we are because the defeats we have suffered have been utter thrashings.

Daemon

Doesn't really though. England haven't actually lost that many series in the last 4 years.

We're perceived as being worse than we are because the defeats we have suffered have been utter thrashings.
Didn't you guys lose to both BD and Ireland in the WC