• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan ATG Team - Open Voting

watson

Banned
As expected Mushtaq Mohammad won hands down with 18 votes. I think that we have an excellent side so far with the batting order probably being;

03. Younis Khan
04. Javed Miandad
05. Inzamam-ul-Haq
06. Mushtaq Mohammad
07. Imran Khan
08. Rashid Latif
09. Wasim Akram
10. Fazal Mahmood
11. Waqar Younis

It's a shame that Mohammad Yousuf couldn't make the side, nor Saqlain or Abdul Qadir. But the side is still strong IMO, inside the subcontinent and out. Wasim Bari was also unlucky but Lafif does add some extra batting strength which might be useful in the absence of Mo Yo.

So there's only one last task to do - pick two openers. Go for it.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Majid Khan played some great innings against some powerful attacks despite being a touch eratic with his form. However this side needs a match-winning/game-changing batsman at the top of the order. So,

Majid Khan + Hanif Mohammad

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Majid Khan played some great innings against some powerful attacks despite being a touch eratic with his form. However this side needs a match-winning/game-changing batsman at the top of the order. So,

Majid Khan + Hanif Mohammad
Yeah I think I'll run with this too.

Majid and Hanif

watson

Banned
So far the score is;

Saeed Anwar = 4
Hanif Mohammad = 7
Mudussar Nazar = 1
Majid Khan = 2

I'm in the middle of packing the people-mover to take the kids down the south coast for Christmas. So I'm going to be busy, plus I'm not sure of my internet access.

Therefore, I'm going to make a logical conclusion and PREDICT that based on those results Saeed Anwar and Hanif Mohammad will be our openers (but still hope that Majid gets the nod);

01. Saeed Anwar
02. Hanif Mohammad
03. Younis Khan
04. Javed Miandad
05. Inzamam-ul-Haq
06. Mushtaq Muhammad
07. Imran Khan
08. Rashid Latif
09. Wasim Akram
10. Fazal Mahmood
11. Waqar Younis

All in all I think it's a very fine team and liable to cause significant damage to any other ATG side that gets in it's way. As with all Pakistan sides the resolve of the batsman, or lack of it I should say, will ultimately determine whether it beats the likes of Bradman's Aussie XI in a hypothetical series.

But whatever the outcome, any game involving Imran Khan at the helm is bound to be a corker.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and THANKS to you all :)

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
So far the score is;

Saeed Anwar = 4
Hanif Mohammad = 7
Mudussar Nazar = 1
Majid Khan = 2

I'm in the middle of packing the people-mover to take the kids down the south coast for Christmas. So I'm going to be busy, plus I'm not sure of my internet access.

Therefore, I'm going to make a logical conclusion and PREDICT that based on those results Saeed Anwar and Hanif Mohammad will be our openers (but still hope that Majid gets the nod);

01. Saeed Anwar
02. Hanif Mohammad
03. Younis Khan
04. Javed Miandad
05. Inzamam-ul-Haq
06. Mushtaq Muhammad
07. Imran Khan
08. Rashid Latif
09. Wasim Akram
10. Fazal Mahmood
11. Waqar Younis

All in all I think it's a very fine team and liable to cause significant damage to any other ATG side that gets in it's way. As with all Pakistan sides the resolve of the batsman, or lack of it I should say, will ultimately determine whether it beats the likes of Bradman's Aussie XI in a hypothetical series.

But whatever the outcome, any game involving Imran Khan at the helm is bound to be a corker.

Merry Chistmas Watson

smash84

The Tiger King
So far the score is;

Saeed Anwar = 4
Hanif Mohammad = 7
Mudussar Nazar = 1
Majid Khan = 2

01. Saeed Anwar
02. Hanif Mohammad
03. Younis Khan
04. Javed Miandad
05. Inzamam-ul-Haq
06. Mushtaq Muhammad
07. Imran Khan
08. Rashid Latif
09. Wasim Akram
10. Fazal Mahmood
11. Waqar Younis

Great job Watson.

That is one hell of a bowling line up and as you say the batting will decide the outcome of the game.

and merry christmas

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah, can't see that batting line up troubling all-time great attacks. Awesome bowling attack though.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Mushtaw Mohammad didn't take even 2 wickets a match...but anyway.

He was an ok spinner, just not a great one. In the attack we selected, I doubt he'll get that many overs. I would've wanted a more potent spinner to balance the side, but oh well, democracy rules.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Agree with the side except I think Abdul Qadir should replace Mahmood, and I think Mushtaq Mohammed at 6 is a slightly dodgy selection, I'd prefer a better batsman there.